Mattel making Back to the Future toys!

Yeah...I would be very shocked if it was a hoverboard although I wouldn't have believed a licenced flux capacitor would have hit shelves. As a lifelong BTTF fan, I always felt growng up that BTTF items were sparse. Closest thing I ever had were the few trinkets from Universal Studios like a BTTF licence plate (that said Orlando on it), a Pitbull keychain, and a small delorean model kit. THAT was it.

Bring on the toys!

I see Martys and Docs and Biffs in 15 different outfits and variations. Nothing against a 1955, 1985, 2015 and 1855 Version of each character. But please nothing like Marty in shirt, marty in shirt and vest, marty with toxedo, marty with skateboard, marty with camera, etc.

I think this sums up EXACTLY what is going to happen.:lol

At least there's a bright side to this: If they do make a DeLorean toy car in the same scale as the KITT toy vehicle from the "Knight Rider" toyline by Kenner, you can convert it over and make it into a Hover-converted DeLorean model miniature from BTTF 2 (the same kind that ILM used for some of the flying DeLorean effect sequences).

I think we need a remote controlled Delorean. It would be cool if when it hit a certain speed it would turn blue.

I think we need a remote controlled Delorean. It would be cool if when it hit a certain speed it would turn blue.

There already has been a remote control toy DeLorean. It came out back in 1989 (I remember it because I was a bit younger and remember looking at the Toys 'R' Us weekly flyer and saw it on the front page. It was being advertised along with other BTTF stuff, including a Power-Wheels DeLorean and some Micro-Machines-like BTTF 2 toy cars).

But if they do go with doing another remote control DeLorean, let's hope the controls looks something like the remote control used by Doc in the first movie. :D

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/mattels-sdcc-2011-exclusives-full-line-up
Mattel SDCC 2011 Exclusive - Hot Wheels Back to the Future

Price: $35

Mattel_BTTF_Delorean_Box.jpg

Initially I thought it was a scaled version of the box, still damn cool. I want to buy it based solely on the packaging.

Rats all I have is a diet cherry pepsi to offer lol. Hopefully this stuff won't be Mattycollector.com exclusives.

Well I saw the little Hot Wheels cars of the Delorean, branded BTTF, on Friday at Wizard World - they had them for sale where the full size cars were displayed.
Regular Hot Wheels packaging, which is why I didn't get one for $10.
I am hoping to find it at TRU or somewhere else cheaper.
I hope they have them in scale with the batmobile(s)!

Also, that plutonium containment box looks excellent. I pretty much agree: I don't care what's in it. :D

I had micro machine-lookin Doc and Marty 5 or 6 years ago with a Delorean, its around the same size as a Hot Wheels car. Back in the day I had a James Bond Jr toy that reminded me of Marty Jr's outfit so I bought another one like a week later

Well I saw the little Hot Wheels cars of the Delorean, branded BTTF, on Friday at Wizard World - they had them for sale where the full size cars were displayed.

Also, that plutonium containment box looks excellent. I pretty much agree: I don't care what's in it. :D

Were these hotwheels the time machines or normal deloreans? So far there are 3 normal deloreans out. A black, a gold, and the normal color. i've been getting them for 1.25. that BTTF label is probably why they cost so much.

My sister seen a Delorean Time Machine at TRU bout a month ago, she said it looked big and kinda like an r/c. But she wasn't specific on it so I'm not sure which one she was talkin about

For $35 I am guessing it's either a 1:43 Hot Wheels Elite BTTF DeLorean or 1:18 BTTF DeLorean.

I just hope they deliver a more accurate car than their 1:64 version. Yes for $4 we can't expect much, but still. What bugs me about the 1:64 scale BTTF DeLorean is the glaring wrong wheel rims. Hot Wheels Japan have managed to get it right for their 1:64 BTTF DeLorean cars past couple of years now.

Look at the difference in the level of detailing.

Hot Wheels Japan 1:64 BTTF 2 DeLorean

Hot_Wheels_Japan_1_64_BTTF2_DeLorean.png

Hot Wheels 1:64 BTTF DeLorean

Hot_Wheels_1_64_BTTF_DeLorean.png

It needs to at least outshine the Sunstar 1:18 and Vitesse 1:43 BTTF cars. Hopefully even reach the detailed quality of Aoshima Skynet 1:43 cars which are my favourites, they are also from..that's right.. Japan.

I had micro machine-lookin Doc and Marty 5 or 6 years ago with a Delorean, its around the same size as a Hot Wheels car. Back in the day I had a James Bond Jr toy that reminded me of Marty Jr's outfit so I bought another one like a week later

Oh man, the James Bond Jr. figure was my stand in for Marty and Q was a stand in for Doc. The delorean was my Ghostbusters car...

For $35 I am guessing it's either a 1:43 Hot Wheels Elite BTTF DeLorean or 1:18 BTTF DeLorean.

I just hope they deliver a more accurate car than their 1:64 version. Yes for $4 we can't expect much, but still. What bugs me about the 1:64 scale BTTF DeLorean is the glaring wrong wheel rims. Hot Wheels Japan have managed to get it right for their 1:64 BTTF DeLorean cars past couple of years now.

Look at the difference in the level of detailing.

Hot Wheels Japan 1:64 BTTF 2 DeLorean

Hot_Wheels_Japan_1_64_BTTF2_DeLorean.png

Hot Wheels 1:64 BTTF DeLorean

Hot_Wheels_1_64_BTTF_DeLorean.png

It needs to at least outshine the Sunstar 1:18 and Vitesse 1:43 BTTF cars. Hopefully even reach the detailed quality of Aoshima Skynet 1:43 cars which are my favourites, they are also from..that's right.. Japan.

lol they're basically the 1.00 hotwheels i have with 2.00 worth of extra parts.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back