Viper MK7

Fantastic....... I really am looking forward to getting one of these beauties...

Oh I've heard that the MK VII is going to be taking a more prominent role in the series so it is getting a more jazzed up paint scheme..

Chris

Looking VERY sweet Moe . :D

I have to ask, what's the length of this beast ? I know the
" other " Mk.7 out there that's supposed to be 1/24th scale isn't
so I was curious if this puppy is ? ;)

Oh, and yes, the new Mk.7's in Season 3 have a new Pegasus
paint scheme to them.. Very cool looking...

{ Al's not the only one who " knows " things... } :rolleyes

:D

Thanks
The lenght is about 45 cm, (about 17 inches or so) it's made to match or model of the MK2 version.
They are about 1/20 scale.

Ok, THANKS Moe.. I was just curious as I know
Lee posted offical sizes some time back so everyone
would know the size { CGI size that is... ;) } of the Fighters
on the show... :D

Looking forward to seeing MORE goodies soon . :thumbsup

Remember..after the master,.. there is still the casting to be done. I think there is a bit more time for us to breathe before it comes to ordering.... Thank Goodness for that. :p

Well, I know the " other " Mk.7 out there is supposed
to be 15 inches in length. According to the CGI ship sizes
posted by Lee S. the Mk. 7 dimensions are...

Viper Mk7
Width: 5.61m
Length: 9.8643m
Height: 2.9508m

So that would mean to get 1/24th it should be
a tad over 16 inches in length... :angel

With BSG starting again (at least, in the US), I thought this needed a healthy bump. Any more progress pics that can be shared yet? Pretty please...? :D

Seriously, take all the time you need. This is going to rock when it's ready.

Allan

Been a while anything new?

Also, Frank and Moe, would you guys consider also doing the new "Super Viper" that was shown in the previous episode? I call the MK VII seen in "Maelstrom" a Super Viper because differences between it and the previous MkVII CG model are like the differences between a Legacy F/A-18c Hornet and the F/A-18e Super Hornet.

If anyone hasn't seen it or didn't notice the Maelsrtom "Super Viper" had new/redisigned intakes....the intakes next to the canopy are now more angular and pronounced and they taper back along the engine housing in a more angular shape. There are now new intakes below the wings that appear to connect to the reshaped upper intakes. The wing LERX are now shaped much like the Super Hornets, they now have a nice curve and don't go as far forward. Lastly, the whole nose is completely reshaped, it's more like a MK II's now...wider and more angular and less pointy like the MK VII's usually have.

Chris

Oh, that Viper is quite a bit different then the others.
I had to lighten up the photo to get a better idea of what he was talking about.

Thanks Cobywan, I keep bringing it up in forums but I never had a picture to back up what I was talking about. Thanks Again. :)

Chris

Yes, the new design is VERY cool. Not really
a " re-design ", more like a good tweak of the exsisting
design.

Don't worry, I have NO doubt that the " newer " Mk. 7
will be kitted in the near future.... :love

Oh, and if you think THAT " tweaked " design look's
sweet just keep your eye's peeled in the future Ep's for the new
ADVANCED RAIDER .

:eek

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back