Celebrity jerks?

Best experience has to be a toss up between Craig Parker and Adam West. Both guys loved talking with their fans, and Craig got me hooked up with my fiancee/wife to be.

Worst experience, hmm....maybe Burt Ward. That man did not want to be there and it was painfully obvious he did not want to be reminded he was Robin. I got his autograph, only because Adam West told me I should. I don't argue with the mayor of Quahog.

Haven't had any bad experiences met my idol christofer drew of nevershoutnever in novembet of last year at a free show he played at a clothing store in town was real cool took a bunch of pics signed a ton of stuff for me amd my fiance chatted with me for awhile and even made funny faces at my 2year old real laid back as far as worse encounters go haven't had any lol dont get many celebs in wichita ks

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

I was at Celebration IV dressed as darth maul, and a friend of mine grabbed me and says "you wanna meet Ray Park?".
ummm.....yes.
So we walked to his booth and he came out from behind and posed for pics and chatted us up about my costume and complimented my wife on her make up skills.
awesome guy, great experience. he even dueled me with his banana, lol !
100_0872.jpg

I was at Celebration IV dressed as darth maul, and a friend of mine grabbed me and says "you wanna meet Ray Park?".
ummm.....yes.
So we walked to his booth and he came out from behind and posed for pics and chatted us up about my costume and complimented my wife on her make up skills.
awesome guy, great experience. he even dueled me with his banana, lol !
View attachment 349812

Ray is absolutely fantastic. He genuinely enjoys meeting the fans and interacting with them. :)

I have only met a few local celebrities, the original housemartins, some of whome went onto be in the beautiful south, and one of who went onto become fatboy slim.

They were all nice enough, Paul Heaton was a bit of a commie, but a lot of young people were in the 80s.

Heard something about Tom Cruise, but basically got the information at least 3rd hand, so don't know how reliable it was.

A friend of my cousin was working as an extra in one of his films done in england, this is a while back, a few wifes ago, and this extra asked if he could get a picture taken with Tom inbetween takes, Tom was all smiles, had his picture taken with the guy, shook his hand, left him feeling great, then walked over to the director, had a word with him quietly, and the next thing you know the extra was let go from the film, his services no longer required.

Probably true, a few members here have been on set with him and he is a freak!

A midget with a huge booble-head, so you have to forgive his shortcomings!

Heard something about Tom Cruise, but basically got the information at least 3rd hand, so don't know how reliable it was.

A friend of my cousin was working as an extra in one of his films done in england, this is a while back, a few wifes ago, and this extra asked if he could get a picture taken with Tom inbetween takes, Tom was all smiles, had his picture taken with the guy, shook his hand, left him feeling great, then walked over to the director, had a word with him quietly, and the next thing you know the extra was let go from the film, his services no longer required.

If true the extra deserved to be let go. I've worked on a few productions as an extra and never, ever do you talk to the actors or director unless they talk to you first. I would never ask someone to pose for a picture out of the blue just because they were there no matter how badly I might want to.

Edit: I am not a fan of Tom Cruise at all.

Last edited:
Tom is definitely a jerk, I've heard stuff from other sets, too, of his total disdain for all the people he has to be around when they're shooting.

Patrick Kane was kind of a jerk when I saw him at a Hawks @ Rangers game. Maybe because he wasn't in his team's home city or something. A bunch of us waited outside the hotel to see them get on the bus to the arena, and while there were several people there who were clearly just looking for autographs to sell, my friend and I wore Blackhawks jerseys over our jackets and really just wanted to wish our favourite team good luck before the game. We were 2 of 4 people who were there to sincerely wish them luck and didn't want anything signed. Seabrook and Hjalmarsson were polite, as they passed, and one of them (can't remember who now) stopped to sign things, but Kane ignored everyone, wore headphones, and got Quenneville and a couple other teammates to block him off as he got to the bus.

I've lost way too many hours reading the stories on this post. Very nice to see it evolved to having mostly positive stories.

I haven't had too many run-ins with celebrities, but with Atlanta getting more and more movies filmed here, it's become more common.

Was out walking in midtown one day (a couple years ago, now) when I saw a guy walking toward me with a Yankees hat pulled low. As he finally got close enough, I realized it was Jon Hamm (in town for Million Dollar Arm, I think?). My general rule is if a celeb looks like they've got someplace to be, I'll generally just nod or say "hi" with a quick "love your work." Well, Jon Hamm appeared to be heading somewhere so I just did the "love your work." But he stopped! And was so gracious and nice. I was working at an ad agency at the time, so we chatted a bit about that. He declined my offer to come up and see what a current era ad agency looked like. :)

Ran into Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes, the Walking Dead) the other day at Barnes and Noble, but he was with his kids so we just exchanged the "head nod."

A couple weeks ago, was out in LA with my niece for college orientation at UCSB. As we were checking into Fess Parker's Doubletree Resort, my wife noticed the gentleman checking in ahead of us looked familiar. Then she got all flustered and stammering; apparently John Stamos was a childhood crush of hers. She was too nervous to say anything, so while she was checking in, I wandered over to where he was sitting and struck up a conversation. Nothing fawning, as I had no skin in this game so to speak, but just general chitchat of two dudes sitting in a hotel lobby. Although I did ask if he'd mind taking a pic with my wife. And he kindly said yes. Very, very nice man. And I think I can pretty much leave the toilet seat up for the rest of my marriage. :) Also ran into Tim Robbins during the same trip, but he was in the middle of directing a play in the park (Midsummer Night's Dream combined with My Little Pony friendship magic. Was certainly....creative.), so we didn't approach him.

It's been many years now (mid '90s, I think?), but I met James Doohan at a Star Trek store opening meet and greet. Quiet and reserved, but this was towards the end of the day so I imagine he was quite tired by that point. Still, got a great Polaroid (look it up, kids) of he and I that I treasure to this day.

The wife does corporate events so, on occasion, gets to hire celebrities and seems to have mostly positive experiences, as well. She found Snoop Dogg to be one of the nicest performers she's ever hired. He went above and beyond in every interaction and played an extra hour past his scheduled 90 minutes. DJ Jazzy Jeff is also very nice.

Looking forward to meeting Ron Glass at this year's D*C. Beyond that, we'll see who I run into.

Can't get into detail due to professional blah blah, but the King of Hell is aptly cast.

Last edited:
A couple weeks ago, was out in LA with my niece for college orientation at UCSB. As we were checking into Fess Parker's Doubletree Resort, my wife noticed the gentleman checking in ahead of us looked familiar. Then she got all flustered and stammering; apparently John Stamos was a childhood crush of hers. She was too nervous to say anything, so while she was checking in, I wandered over to where he was sitting and struck up a conversation. Nothing fawning, as I had no skin in this game so to speak, but just general chitchat of two dudes sitting in a hotel lobby. Although I did ask if he'd mind taking a pic with my wife. And he kindly said yes. Very, very nice man. And I think I can pretty much leave the toilet seat up for the rest of my marriage. :)
A few times he came to the restaurant I worked at when I was in college. It was amazing that nobody seemed to notice him because his disguise was just a baseball hat pulled down low.

Anyone met Matt Smith? Going to see him next weekend.

I have no illusions that he'll have any time for much more than just the signature as he's a pretty hot ticket right now but is he as genuine as he seems?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back