Celebrity jerks?

Yeah good on her, paps killed lady Di, unless it was prince Phillip, then again if she was just wearing a seat belt she would probably be alive today.

14014_10152759476350211_2864862092362075412_n.jpg

I am pleased to announce that Joel is not only a vary nice guy in person, but he's also super patient as well putting up with us crazy fans ;o).
So hoping I get the chance to meet Mike, Kevin, Bill, and Trace one of these days. I had no idea that Trace built the second Crow...... but it's nice to know I was right in that his armed moved basically by trace figuring out how to shake them around as required for each scene....

David Carradine, dragon con probably 10 years ago. No line, no one around his table, walk up greet him, he couldn't be bothered to even say a word, had his handler speak for him. Signed autograph, his handler said it would be extra for a pic, I said no thanks.
Perhaps jerk, perhaps still just feeling the aftermath of being stumbling drunk in the lobby the night before.

Blaster

I just wanted to add my 2 cents

John scheider from smallville and the Dukes of hazzard is awesome. Met him at a con in Boston walked w him to photo booth and he autographed my pic for free and chatted with my cousin and I for like 20 mins

Eve Myles Torchwood and Frankie was funny warm and lovely during the photo op.

John Barrowman is a machine. He was throughly overbooked the whole con but was warm hilarious and giving though the 3 fully booked photo sessions and his signature table plus the torchwood panel.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I've met my four favorite members of the Doctor Who cast, some of which twice.
During the filming of Angels Take Manhattan in Central Park NYC-
Matt Smith- Absolutly wonderful guy. Genuine and cool.
Karen Gillan- More beautiful in person, very bubblily and nice.
Arthur Darvill- Cooler than you'd think.

Matt and Karen again at the NYC premier of Ayslum of the Daleks. Along with Chris Harwick who is just Awesome.

Macbeth at the Park Ave Armory- Cast after party.
If you paid something like a thousand dollars you could attend the cast party.
Hung around after the show to see if we could get autographs and ended up walking right in (unnoticed) to the after party after they stopped watching the door. I've never done anything so ballsie before or since.
Meet Alex Kingston- Amazing woman. Very sweet. Gave us an autograph and took a pic with my wife.
Sir Kenneth Branagh- A true gentleman.
Kate Beckensale!- Total surprise. Stood in a group talking with her for about three hours. Total sweetheart and breathtaking!
Matt Bomer- really nice guy, signed an autograph and talked about White Collar.

At other times I've met Lynn Redgrave, Sam Waterston and Mariska Hargaity.

I can honestly say I was scared to death when ever I've met someone I liked from movies or TV. As soon as you see them a fear comes over you that they wont be as wonderful as you hope they will be. You develop a bond with the characters they play. And its heartbraking when they don't live up to it. I can without a doubt say I've been lucky b/c every star I've met has been wonderful.

I've met my four favorite members of the Doctor Who cast, some of which twice.
During the filming of Angels Take Manhattan in Central Park NYC-
Matt Smith- Absolutly wonderful guy. Genuine and cool.
Karen Gillan- More beautiful in person, very bubblily and nice.
Arthur Darvill- Cooler than you'd think.

Matt and Karen again at the NYC premier of Ayslum of the Daleks. Along with Chris Harwick who is just Awesome.

Macbeth at the Park Ave Armory- Cast after party.
If you paid something like a thousand dollars you could attend the cast party.
Hung around after the show to see if we could get autographs and ended up walking right in (unnoticed) to the after party after they stopped watching the door. I've never done anything so ballsie before or since.
Meet Alex Kingston- Amazing woman. Very sweet. Gave us an autograph and took a pic with my wife.
Sir Kenneth Branagh- A true gentleman.
Kate Beckensale!- Total surprise. Stood in a group talking with her for about three hours. Total sweetheart and breathtaking!
Matt Bomer- really nice guy, signed an autograph and talked about White Collar.

At other times I've met Lynn Redgrave, Sam Waterston and Mariska Hargaity.

I can honestly say I was scared to death when ever I've met someone I liked from movies or TV. As soon as you see them a fear comes over you that they wont be as wonderful as you hope they will be. You develop a bond with the characters they play. And its heartbraking when they don't live up to it. I can without a doubt say I've been lucky b/c every star I've met has been wonderful.

Kate Beckinsale has always seemed like she'd be a nice person to talk to; nice to hear my instinct on that confirmed. My husband has a HUGE crush on her... :)

I've never been a chris hardwick fan.

Mostly because he popped up out of literally nowhere and I had no idea who he was by the time he got famous. But once I started checking out his stuff...to me he came off a bit phony. I heard his Rick Moranis podcast, and since Rick Moranis is such a hard get these days, you'd think he'd shut up and let rick do most of the talking. nope.
To me, he just comes off as someone who, while he may have nerd knowledge, is just using the nerd thing to gain fame, fortune, and build a media empire to meet celebrities. How did he rise up so fast anyway? I think he started as a voice actor, now he suddenly knows everyone in hollywood...

Chris Hardwick seems nice enough and he doesn't come across as phony to me. But I don't follow any of his stuff, I really don't like when anyone claims to be "king of the nerds". He's a famous fan, which is cool, but doesn't always make for the best content. Haven't heard the Rick Moranis interview but if it's a bunch of Chris talking that would annoy me. Would love to hear Rick talk!

You gotta give Hardwick a little credit... Seriously, who would've guessed that, between him, Jenny McCarthy, and Carmen Electra, that HE would be the most successful cast member of MTV's "Singled Out"?

Hardwick strikes me as a good guy and somebody I would enjoying hanging out with. He just needs to shut up and let his guests talk on his podcasts. Not only will he intro the show with a story on how he knows the person (we don't care), he will INTERRUPT the guest to tell a story about himself. He will also ask a question and then start answering it before allowing the guest to do so. And don't get me started about there being additional Nerdist folks (we also don't care about) in the room ALSO chiming in.

We like to like the host of any podcast, BUT WE AREN'T LISTENING TO IT FOR THE HOST. Their job is to stay out of the way. Alas, well over 600 shows in and he hasn't learned that.

Hardwick strikes me as a good guy and somebody I would enjoying hanging out with. He just needs to shut up and let his guests talk on his podcasts. Not only will he intro the show with a story on how he knows the person (we don't care), he will INTERRUPT the guest to tell a story about himself. He will also ask a question and then start answering it before allowing the guest to do so. And don't get me started about there being additional Nerdist folks (we also don't care about) in the room ALSO chiming in.

We like to like the host of any podcast, BUT WE AREN'T LISTENING TO IT FOR THE HOST. Their job is to stay out of the way. Alas, well over 600 shows in and he hasn't learned that.

Being a good interviewer takes real skill and sensitivity. There's a reason that Terry Gross gets really REALLY good interviews out of people: she knows how to prod them and then get the hell out of their way.

yep, that about sums it up.....how I started forming my opinion of the real chris hardwick...

You gotta give Hardwick a little credit... Seriously, who would've guessed that, between him, Jenny McCarthy, and Carmen Electra, that HE would be the most successful cast member of MTV's "Singled Out"?

Both women actually have a net worth more than Hardwick ($10 million -seriously???, CE $15mil, JM $14mil). I'd say Jenny McCarthy and Carmen Electra probably have done a lot more high profile things than he has.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back