Need help to ID old sci fi movie

jonny5

Sr Member
I'm trying to recall/learn the name of a 50's or 60's SciFi movie that I saw repeatedly on the ABC Saturday afternoon movie back in the 70's.

All I remember is at the end a silver robot saves some people by carring them thru a river of lava. The robot succumbs to the extreme heat just feet from safety and the people get to 'shore' leaving him to be swept away.

If anyone can ID this from my meager snippet of plot, I would be truly grateful.

Wow! Thanks SmilingOtter!

That sure looks like the movie, down to the fifties-style tail-finned bubble-topped hover-car.

Obviously I saw a dubbed version but I would have sworn there was a female in a short silver lame' dress hitching a ride on the robot across the lava.

I must have crosswired that memory with the cinematic poster for Forbidden Planet.

Got to love the RPF!! This place is better than any other forum.

Several years ago, I asked about a movie I used to watch on the Saturday Afternoon Creature Feature show.

All I remembered was snakes following a guy in the swamp and biting him in the face when he went to drink water and a skull with hair sitting on top of quick sand in the end of the movie.

That movie used to scare the crap out of me. Came here and within a couple of minutes, found out it was "The Death Curse of Tartu".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm_3-o6QWuk

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back