Jedi Belt (tips wanted)

Elvenguard13

I am wanting to create Jedi utility belt. its not for a costume, its just as a leather project as I am interested in leather and that sort of crafting.

I am doing two, one is a trial which will be done on cheaper leather. Then when I do my final one I'll be doing it on better quality leather and correct any mistakes that I faced when doing my trial.

I just wanted to know if you could give me any tips and advice before starting. I have ordered some leather (just thin as this is for my trial belt) and I am going to make a template using card so I can trace it onto the leather when it arrives.

my leather store also sells the metal studs that hold the thinner belt to the large belt.

I'd also like to know how wide the belt is.

All help is greatly appreciated!:thumbsup

I just went to Tandy Leather and asked alot of questions. But my suggestion is only helpfull if you live close to a Tandy leather.

I just went to Tandy Leather and asked alot of questions. But my suggestion is only helpfull if you live close to a Tandy leather.

Unfortunately I dont.

My nearest leather store is called LePrevo leathers. I live in the UK if you are wondering

You dont know how wide the Jedi belts are do you?

It was a while ago that I made a belt, but here goes:

The widths of the belts in the movies are not all the same for all characters, but this should be about right for Anakin, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon:
The width of the wide belt is around 2 1/2". Some are three inches wide. The narrow belt is between 3/4" and 1/2".

The narrow belt is one strip, closed in the front with the buckle. There is a small loop on each side of the small buckle that are not riveted to anything - they are just hanging there. The tension of this strip is what keeps the belt together.
The wide belt closes in the back, but that closure is hidden by a loop of leather.

It was a while ago that I made a belt, but here goes:

The widths of the belts in the movies are not all the same for all characters, but this should be about right for Anakin, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon:
The width of the wide belt is around 2 1/2". Some are three inches wide. The narrow belt is between 3/4" and 1/2".

The narrow belt is one strip, closed in the front with the buckle. There is a small loop on each side of the small buckle that are not riveted to anything - they are just hanging there. The tension of this strip is what keeps the belt together.
The wide belt closes in the back, but that closure is hidden by a loop of leather.

Thanks for the info!:thumbsup

I am thinking about using velcro to keep it closed

Hello,

The guy at Leprevo can be quite helpful, even if its slightly awkward to order from their site.
I like to do each belt slightly custom, so tend to go with slightly different sizes - Just make sure the middle strap fits the buckle you have.

If you need a buckle (if you are going for movie version), while I don;t have any myself, I might be able to put you in touch with someone in the UK that can help.

I use snaps on the back of the belt, and then cover that up with a leather bit, like with Obi-wans...

I mad a small pink one for my daughter (pink jedi costume)
DSCF0689.jpg

Maybe we swap possible sources for the bits?

Jon

Thanks for ur help and I will look into the padawan guide later.

My leather should hopefully come next week or sometime the week after. I'm gonna get started on my paper template

again thanks for all the info and keep it coming if u have anymore:thumbsup

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back