Rocketeer props from 1991 MGM studios

The helmet hanging facing down is a different stunt helmet than the one you saw with the sides coming apart. It's a somewhat unique stunt helmet that is now in a private collection... I can't say much about it unless the owner wants to identify himself but I identified it and got to examine it very thoroughly before sending it on to it's owner.

Yeah, I figured it out earlier today. I was looking through some pictures I have on my computer and forgot there was another helmet there before they updated the tour. The pictures I have has the same helmet turned the opposite direction and shows off the insides

This was back when they cared...I remember all these cars were spotless. I wonder what the plywood Rocketeer in the background was for?

Back then in 1991 I believe, disney had two photo display stands where people could stand on them and take pictures pretending they were in the scene..I saw several pictures online, but never saved them...Wish I did now..

Man I just watched that video from 92? ALOT of that changed significantly. That whole area between the warehouse and catastrophe canyon is the stunt car show now. I vaguely remember seeing the BullDog Cafe now, after seeing the vid. Brought back some memories.

Oh yeah, Lucky Lindy. Sometimes my mind doesnt work at night.

I will be back on Reach later this week. I have a test thursday, so I been cramming for that. I will probably be on late thursday night after work. It just been a busy the past two weeks.

Oh yeah, Lucky Lindy. Sometimes my mind doesnt work at night.

I will be back on Reach later this week. I have a test thursday, so I been cramming for that. I will probably be on late thursday night after work. It just been a busy the past two weeks.

Bah!

Until then, I shall reminisce about my past experiences at MGM, or so it's called "Hollywood studios"

How about the half-cart type thing they used in "who framed rodger rabbit"? It's at the Backlot Resturant across from Star Tours. Its the thing that what's his face sat on when they filmd him driving the toon car.

Or how about the swan statues from the club scene in Rocketeer? rofl

Since you know disney world pretty well, is there a rocketeer pack on display in a restaurant? Some-one told me there was a rocketpack displayed in a restaurant along with Jenny's photo from the gee bee...

Since you know disney world pretty well, is there a rocketeer pack on display in a restaurant? Some-one told me there was a rocketpack displayed in a restaurant along with Jenny's photo from the gee bee...

There may have been one along time ago, but I've never seen one since I've been going. It's something that I wouldn't be able to miss, but heck they have alot of random stuff packed in there. The have some of the filming planes hanging from the ceiling and a ton of pictures. One part of the resturant, the furthest side from star tours is where you'll find all the random pics and planes (looks more of a real warehouse type setting, always reminds me of "who framed Rodger rabbit") and the side closest to star tours has more of a "prop building studio" thing going with various plaster statues and lockers full of paint props. No rocketpack that I've seen. I've been at that resturant waaaaay too many times during SWW

Oh yea, I'm gonna be getting an acme helmet, lol once I get a response from him

It's been a long time since I was at Disney World. I did go to Planet Hollywood and they had a Rocketeer costume on a mannequin hanging from the ceiling... You had to go to the second floor to even see it and even then it was too high to see much detail. It was certainly too high to get any kind of decent pictures with the camera I had at the time. I don't remember if I even got any of it at all. I remember it had the wrong kind of gloves on but not much beyond that off the top of my head.

They also used Rocketeer jet packs for the Sci-fi drive-in restaurant. They were modified as wall lights. I'm sure they were shells since there were so many of them.

It's been a long time since I was at Disney World. I did go to Planet Hollywood and they had a Rocketeer costume on a mannequin hanging from the ceiling... You had to go to the second floor to even see it and even then it was too high to see much detail. It was certainly too high to get any kind of decent pictures with the camera I had at the time. I don't remember if I even got any of it at all. I remember it had the wrong kind of gloves on but not much beyond that off the top of my head.

It's a bird...It's a plane....It's the Rocketeer!

9e74eca6.jpg

They also used Rocketeer jet packs for the Sci-fi drive-in restaurant. They were modified as wall lights. I'm sure they were shells since there were so many of them.

Do you remember the name of the restaurant or do you know if it is still there?

It's a bird...It's a plane....It's the Rocketeer!

9e74eca6.jpg

Do you remember the name of the restaurant or do you know if it is still there?

Yeah, I've always wondered if the gloves on that might have been from the "Laughing Bandit" scenes... If they were marked as "Rocketeer", non-fans would just assume they were a part of the Rocketeer costume as opposed to some other costume used in the movie after all.

I don't believe I've shared this before and since it's applicable... This is/was my personal recreation of the helmet display in the big Rocketeer display from MGM. Left to right is the prototype, original stunt and the screen-used hero I had the pleasure of owning for about five years. I've still got the prototype and the fins though. Wish I had a better pic of the original display but this is the best I've seen.

I missed out on two of the fin auctions but nabbed one when it popped back up. The one missing went to Japan I think... The prototype and I believe the stunt were also part of the original display.

display_comparison2.jpg

yea it's just rhe sci-fi drive in resturant. It's like you sit at a table that looks like a car and it's set up like a drive in theater. Definatly still there

well, if you are close by or around the area. can you check to see if the "rocketpack lights" are still there and get a couple of pictures?

Also, can you get updated pictures of Peevys Lemonade Stand. I saw a picture that was taken a few years ago that had the buckle still on the pack. I saw a recent one with a person standing next to it and it looks like Disney removed the harness buckles from the pack.

Rob, great pictures. That is the first time i saw all three of those helmets together..I would love to get that stunt helmet for my collection..

well, if you are close by or around the area. can you check to see if the "rocketpack lights" are still there and get a couple of pictures?

Also, can you get updated pictures of Peevys Lemonade Stand. I saw a picture that was taken a few years ago that had the buckle still on the pack. I saw a recent one with a person standing next to it and it looks like Disney removed the harness buckles from the pack.

Rob, great pictures. That is the first time i saw all three of those helmets together..I would love to get that stunt helmet for my collection..

If I can get there again, but it might not be for quite some time. I could ask my bro if he has any pics, as he and his ex ate at that resturant last winter.

As for Peevy's Lemonade stand, I don't think it exists anymore. If you can post a pic of it I might be able to recognize it, but I've never seen that before.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back