Daft Punk Tron: Legacy Costumes!

nick daring

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Nice.

tron.jpg

Nick

I think I just spit Mountain Dew all over my screen...and I haven't had Mountain Dew in months!

When I finally get my Thomas Helmet finished, I'm definitely going to go this route instead of the leather jacket.

Now, excuse me while I go pick my jaw up off the floor.

-Nick (Hey look another Nick)

EDIT: Thread temporally removed because of malware warning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I just spit Mountain Dew all over my screen...and I haven't had Mountain Dew in months!

When I finally get my Thomas Helmet finished, I'm definitely going to go this route instead of the leather jacket.

Now, excuse me while I go pick my jaw up off the floor.

-Nick (Hey look another Nick)

It still looks like leather to me, dude. I'm probably wrong though lol.

These suits are awesome.

I meant their usual leather jackets. Maybe I should have written THE leather jacket. Haha. I agree, it looks leathery, but then again the image is highly photoshopped so you never know.

-Nick

Now I'm super pumped about it. I had a feeling they'd go with the white look instead of staying black.

I wonder, though, if they will be maintaining the "Daft Punk" logo on the back? Or will the back be similar to the front in the movie? I also wonder if this will be their new look outside of the movie as well, or if they plan on doing any live sets with the look before returning to the HAA look.

I'm definitely going to start researching materials and patterns. I'm working on a set of DP helmets anyways, and this would be an excellent addition to the project.

I'm also curious if they've done anything different with Guy's helmet. I see they removed the LEDs from the bottom of the ar blocks, but specifically I wonder if they covered up the wires on the back of his helmet or did anything different with that area.

Dang. This image is more of a teaser than the poster they released where it's just the lights!

From the medicom figures it looks like both helmets will be silver/chrome.

Eh, there is definitely a gold hue to Guy's helmet and gloves. It's a duller gold than his usual yellow gold, but it's definitely got a gold hue to it. It looks like they dulled down Thomas' helmet too. Not as bright of a silver. I like it, though. I like the subtle difference.

And of course, these are just toys too. Not the real costumes. You can kind of see the difference in the original picture, though, as well. There is a blue hue over everything in the photo of course (dulling all the colors), but you can see that Thomas' helmet is more of a blue-ish silver and Guy's helmet has some green hue to it (gold + blue hue = funky green look). So I say it's still gold. Not a bright chromey gold, but still gold.

"When I finally get my Thomas Helmet finished, I'm definitely going to go this route instead of the leather jacket."

You'll have to post your progress. I just finished my costume for a promotion I am doing for a local movie theater. I got Thomas' helmet done and the leather jacket with lights in both, but those Tron outfits look amazing. If you have any ideas shoot them my way and I will do the same.

You should look a thread of Volpin, around page 20th. He is doing the Tron version of the helmet of Guy-Man and there are behind vids, screencaps and pics.

BTW, the back does not has the Daft Punk logo (if I remember correctly).

Does the part of the costume with the holes look like its made out of the same leather or from a different material like a sports jersey? Also, does it look has a white backing or dark to make the spots more noticeable?

It's not leather. All clothing made for the movie was synthetic. There was no organic fabric used for characters on The Grid. It's might be a vinyl like material judging from the shine. Those holes actually look like it's in the material. Wear a black shirt underneath to accentuate.

The back of the jackets are the same as the front, we're working on the lights for these right now. There was a behind the scenes video someone posted on the main TRON forum that has them walking and you can see all the angles of the jackets, I just can't find it right now...

The back of the jackets are the same as the front, we're working on the lights for these right now. There was a behind the scenes video someone posted on the main TRON forum that has them walking and you can see all the angles of the jackets, I just can't find it right now...

I try not to support people who rip videos and repost them on youtube, so in case you haven't found it again yet the footage you speak of is from the video on this page. Starting at 3:10 and again at 4:10

I've seen that video. I'm commissioning someone to make me the jacket and I'm going to do the lighting. Wait for them to finish organizing their work shop. My Tron version Guy helmet should be in my hands by Thursday. Hope it looks good.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back