Warhammer 40K "Ultramarines" Bolt Pistol - finished/showoff

Volpin

Sr Member
Recently I was commissioned to make a 40K Bolt Pistol from the upcoming movie "Ultramarines." This piece is going to be doing some rounds at their NYCC booth this weekend, and attendees will be able to hold it (for a little while at least, she weighs about 17lbs) and pose for pics in front of a movie-themed background.

5058077531_fa22686cfb_b.jpg

5058693726_7a78692aec_b.jpg

This was a 9-day build, so pretty rushed for me. If you guys want to see more of the process, check out my blog.

5058694726_60755be725_b.jpg

5058080839_4a84a5f77b_b.jpg

Hope you guys get a kick out of the build. It was a crazy pace, but I'm pretty proud of the finished result. For scale reference, here's a friend of mine holding it:

5058083787_9df5bf8413_z.jpg

If any of you guys go to NYCC this weekend, drop by and take a pic!

Nicely done! The sight on the top looks too thin but I'm guessing you had to work to the designs they gave you. :rolleyes Now I wish I was going to NYCC.

By the Emporer!! thats a mighty handsome piece!

if you plan on doing anymore bolters...especially Chaos, I'm down! :thumbsup

Nicely done! The sight on the top looks too thin but I'm guessing you had to work to the designs they gave you. :rolleyes Now I wish I was going to NYCC.

Funny thing, the dimensions I pulled actually made the pistol nearly an inch narrower. I added a fair bit of bulk to give it a more "full" feel.

Just found out today that the gun will be at booth 1557 if anyone happens to be in the area. Really hoping my baby makes it through the weekend unscathed!

more than the gun itself , I like how you show people the process and " teach" others without holding back. Something we all should take note of

more than the gun itself , I like how you show people the process and " teach" others without holding back. Something we all should take note of

Thanks! I figure that I use the internet for learning a lot of my build/finishing techniques, may as well pay it back. If not for guides done by other people, I'd have no idea about how to make molds or cast resin. Hopefully my blog can help a few people with their stuff too.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back