Question about AT AT paint color

Laspector

Master Member
I am in the process of customizing my new Hasbro AT AT. Can anyone tell me the correct color for the base grey? I was hoping to use a spray paint just for the grey before detailing, but primer grey seems way too dark and all metallic paint I find seems too silvery. Any help would be appreciated.

Think its the same deal as used on the ATST bud, which we found a mix of Tamiya Medium grey to white worked best, adjust as you eyeball it i guess, not sure if Tamiya do a grey in a rattle to suit, but try a few close to the hue....may get lucky if you dont want to airbrush?
I was sure Tamiya had a grey (IJN or USAF) in the AS range that could be close though?

lee

Mix this:

TowerHobbies.com | Tamiya Acrylic XF-19 Sky Gray 3/4 oz

with about 15 to 20% white to get the color we matched in the Lucasfilm Archives. Your mileage may vary, but that's what I used on the paint masters.

Roboterkampf AT-AT Walker

Same deal with the Snowspeeder paint master!
0947.jpg

Are you using these paints in an airbrush? I was hoping just for a spray can that would work just for the base grey, but I guess it's going to be a no go huh?. I have an airbrush but I haven't used it in years and my compressor is long gone.

I am working on the Hasbro AT AT and have ordered the AT ST. Both I plan to customize. That pic above of the ST looks great by the way. I plan on doing two of the STs. But I only ordered one so far as all the feedback on them on Amazon seems to say they are REALLY fragile. Not that stabilizing it is a problem as I will only use it for a display piece. But I want to check it out before spending another $50.

I'm really glad they got the correct amount of leg articulation on the AT ST. How come they can't ever get it right for the AT AT? I'm sure we all know that the legs on the AT AT do not connect to the body at the "shoulders" and the "hips".. There is another articulation and they all actually meet at the "waist" giving the legs the ability to lift up. I unfortunately discovered this back in about 1981 trying to do a stop motion film of my Kenner walker. Impossible to do correctly without those pivot points.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back