Fifth Element Police helmet

<div class='quotetop'>(AnsonJames @ Jul 9 2006, 04:41 PM) [snapback]1277253[/snapback]</div>
Does anyone here know if anyone produced a copy from the Fifth Element police helmet?

Anson
[/b]

theres on on e bay right now going cheap fot 340$ and rising :eek

<div class='quotetop'>(BOBATAFF @ Jul 10 2006, 03:36 AM) [snapback]1277277[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(AnsonJames @ Jul 9 2006, 04:41 PM) [snapback]1277253[/snapback]
Does anyone here know if anyone produced a copy from the Fifth Element police helmet?

Anson
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

UGH. May as well just have posted a link and ruined it for those of us who are folllowing that piece. READ THE TERMS OF SERVICE, DUDE..

<div class='quotetop'>(MattMunson @ Jul 9 2006, 11:24 AM) [snapback]1277304[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(BOBATAFF @ Jul 10 2006, 03:36 AM) [snapback]1277277[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>(AnsonJames @ Jul 9 2006, 04:41 PM) [snapback]1277253[/snapback]

Anson
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

UGH. May as well just have posted a link and ruined it for those of us who are folllowing that piece. READ THE TERMS OF SERVICE, DUDE..
[/b][/quote]

What Matt said. :angry

:confused <strike>What part of the ToS did he violate?</strike>

edit: nevermind, found it in the CoC... sort of. :unsure

I was asking because I was the highest bidder - I wanted to take a set of moulds and make copies if I won.
I wish I hadn't asked now...

<div class='quotetop'>(AnsonJames @ Jul 9 2006, 09:00 PM) [snapback]1277381[/snapback]</div>
I was asking because I was the highest bidder - I wanted to take a set of moulds and make copies if I won.
[/b]

And you're admitting your intent to recast, you're gonna get in BIG trouble pal.

Cool, now we can turn an already volatile thread into a recasting debate..

I'm only voicing what I've heard here in the past, but I think the common opinion is that if you purchase a bonafide screen used piece (or studio made, or whatever) it's not significantlly frowned upon if you want to knock it off. The trouble seems to come (at least on this forum. Ethics issue from forum to forum) when you recastedededed the work of a local artisan, or member of the board who originally produced or sculpted it.

how that line is drawn is beyond me, but that's what people seem to think.

And for the record, there is no such word as "recasted" or "casted". They are NOT real words, and are improper conjugations of the verbs "To Recast" and "To Cast". Grammar, folks. Grammar.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I cant belive that a member since -03 DONT know about the "no live auctions".
:angry

Making a copy of a screen-used prop is not recasting.

Making a copy of a copy of a screen-used prop is.

Unless you own the original.

I think.

That helmet looks wrong for some reason, it may just be the photography, but weren't the perspex areas blue?

<div class='quotetop'>(Fatherless One @ Jul 9 2006, 10:03 PM) [snapback]1277383[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(AnsonJames @ Jul 9 2006, 09:00 PM) [snapback]1277381[/snapback]
[/b]

And you're admitting your intent to recast, you're gonna get in BIG trouble pal.
[/b][/quote]

What the hell are you talking about?.
I'm bidding on an original prop - I'm not talking about taking a copy from another fan made item.
I suppose you better go through all the threads looking for other people who intend to or have already cast screen used items and tell them that they're gonna be in BIG trouble.
I think you may find quite a few.
May I suggest that you read the thread properly (and the coc) before you start posting remarks -PAL.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back