Colonial Marines Armour templates

ItalianNinja86

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey gang

well after seeing so many awesome threads about the wonders of camping foam mats and the awesome costumes it can produce I've become inspired to give it a shot

I wanted to do the Colonial Marines Armour from aliens and was wondering if there were any templates for this floating around the internet or am I gonna have to do this the old fashion way

the latter option doesn't bug me but the templates would make getting the basic shape down go a lot smoother

thanks guys

If you find any good templates for the armor, let me know. I'd also like to give it a shot.

Hey gang

well after seeing so many awesome threads about the wonders of camping foam mats and the awesome costumes it can produce I've become inspired to give it a shot

I wanted to do the Colonial Marines Armour from aliens and was wondering if there were any templates for this floating around the internet or am I gonna have to do this the old fashion way

the latter option doesn't bug me but the templates would make getting the basic shape down go a lot smoother

thanks guys

to everyone that i sent the files to, i noticed the helmet assembles large. so you'll have to scale it accordingly. im having kind of a hard time finding some decent research photos.

i just printed the helmet this evening at 90% print scale using the print preferences in the pep viewer, im going to start assembly tomorrow. i hope i dont have to restart it at a smaller scale, and this new scale can be used across the board with out any difficulty.

ive had mm conversion explained to me before, but i just cant seem to get it right. i wish there were a version that didnt use metric measurements so can put in 1:1 scale. :/

just a crap ton of the armor and how it looks on them with decent lighting and crisp photos. im not wanting to see any fan builds, because alot of the fan builds ive seen dont have that extra piece of armor on the front of their helmets.

i scaled my helmet to 90% of the original file and i think it still may be too big, and im about 6 pieces from being finished with the pep. so, a really GOOD picture of how the helmet fits from the movie, and it sits comparatively to mine, would set me to ease.

hell knowing i can adjust the files across the board to 90% scale would too. its half my bitching about pep, is printing them over and over wasting paper and assembly time finding the proper scale for them.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back