what paper is good for pepakura

Garuda

seriously, i had a problems with the paper, when it done in pepa, the paper was to soft and loose the shape before i even fibering it

so please help me guys, what paper that good for peping?

110lb cardstock. its the basic type. doesnt matter if you get full white or assorted color packs, just be sure its 110lb

well, there`s no such paper in my country, :( any of you can give a pic please? maybe i can find a paper that`s look a like, thanks for the advice guys!

I don't know which country you are from but I use 160 gr/m2 paper.. which is about the same as cardstock it does the trick for me..

Hope the metric system helps you out ;)

epilepsticsquirl: i see, but there`s a problem with that paper, well, some pepakura file must be rescale, and in Indonesia, my country(kinda funny to say it over and over again lol), there`s only A4 size, but thanks for helping me out
@leander: thanks bro, worth to try then :)

and thanks for everybody that helping me out here! it`s mean a lot to me!

I use the Staples brand covers stock:
STAPLES

It's heavy enough to keep shape, thin enough to score cleanly and it absirbs the glue so it assembles fast. Real good price for a pack of tabloid paper.

What if my printer can't handle 110lb cardstock? What would you recommend I do?
The flippant answer would be to buy a better printer. Either that or just use whatever the printer can handle and hope for the best.

I've just bought another printer and this was a requirement. I'm in the UK so cardstock is measured differently but 110lb is about the same as 175gsm. I use 200gsm for pep and my printer supports up to 250. Most modern printers should have the oomph to run cardstock, either in the normal tray or single feed.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back