Luke Snow Speeder boots

Don93

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a pair of Luke's Snow Speeder boots.
Were they completely custom made for ESB or based off of a boot that is available for easy modification? I know the straps will need to be added.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Go here:
Rebel Legion :: View topic - Snowspeeder boots

DSC08449.jpg

Have I answered you already on the Rebel Legion's message board?
The boots were the same for the pilots and soldiers.

Hero boots): Luke Skywalker on Dagobah. The base was a kind of (seal skin?) Mukluks that were originally laced all the way in the front. The laces were removed and the grommets were covered with white fabric tape. Straps were added, closed with velcro.

Stunt boots (worn by everyone outdoors): Some Scandinavian (army?) boot + spats. Otherwise similar details to the hero boots. A friend of mine knows exactly what kind of boot it is. I'll ask him.

I have not been able to see any pilot wearing the snow boots inside the hangar. You can't see Luke's boots there but all other pilots are wearing black boots.
Only outside are they wearing snow boots -- the boots with spats.

Yep, I've been reading that one to, good thread there, never hurts to look in a few places. ;)
If the original boots can no longer be found seems that Uggs may be a good option to start with and then modify.

As Darth Lars mentioned...
Here's a shot of the Trench Rebel's, spats and rubber snow boots...

Hoth_trenchesedit.jpg

...and a close-up of Luke's, modified "hero" mukluks, where the preexisting eyelets can be seen under the white fabric....

luike-hoth9edit.jpg

My friend's 1970's snowmobile boots as seen in the picture of Hoth troopers above. They came with a red or yellow stripe and were common in the Scandinavian countries.
IMG_2613Large.jpg

IMG_2614Large.jpg

My friend had another pair when he was a kid. Unfortunately, the label is too worn off so we don't have the brand ...

I have not been able to see any pilot wearing the snow boots inside the hangar. You can't see Luke's boots there but all other pilots are wearing black boots.
Only outside are they wearing snow boots -- the boots with spats.

Other pilots do wear them. You can see Wedge and one other pilot in the background wearing these types of boots in the outdoor area where the X-Wings are positioned to make their exit from Hoth.

I also believe that when in real snow conditions, Luke's boots are actually some sort of full covering over real boots and not spats like those seen on the Hoth trooper. The reason I believe this is that when looking at Luke's boots when escaping from his downed snowspeeder, they are a complete covering but you can see that they are fuller. Since you can still see the existence of the eyelets, I would hazard to guess that it is a larger mukluk fitted over a real snow boot.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back