Anyone making War Hammer Bots?

pr3dato8

Hey guys,

well, I have seen A LOT of Iron Man an War machine costumes and suits around here and on other forums but what I never saw are those War hammer Bots that are presented in the movie nearly in the end of the movie.

Also no one seemed to have made a whiplash iron suit (the one from the very end of the movie).

Anyone up for it or are thinking of doing any of that? :)

Are you talking about Hammer drones??
iron-man-2-drones_480x270.jpg

^ YES! I meant exactly them :)

there are 6 (if I am correct) different types of Hammer drones and in truth I think they look awesome :D plus there is the wiplash suit that needs ot be considered.

I thought that TMP to some other skilled people would try and make those suits by now but they seem to be only on Irion Man and War Machine.

I think the drones head isn't big enough to be worn as a helmet. Id rather see a whiplash costume.

hammer drone is really cool... in the 405th forum have a person making a head of hammer drone but i never see again a update with the files...

i have been wanting to do a whiplash suit but there havent been a lot of reference pics available, now that the Blu Ray is out i hope to see some progress on this. for all the iron mans and warmachines we need some good villians!

I think the drones head isn't big enough to be worn as a helmet. I'd rather see a whiplash costume.

I think they are, you figure that the drones are a good bit larger than a person so although the head looks small in comparison to the rest of the drone it's probably just large enough to fit a person's head inside of it.

^ exactly!

I mean when i re-watched Iron Man 2 I realised hw cool the drones really are and it would be awesome if someone could make one :)

Hey guys,

well, I have seen A LOT of Iron Man an War machine costumes and suits around here and on other forums but what I never saw are those War hammer Bots that are presented in the movie nearly in the end of the movie.

Also no one seemed to have made a whiplash iron suit (the one from the very end of the movie).

Anyone up for it or are thinking of doing any of that? :)

I believe the correct name for the Bots are "Hammer drones"

^ yes, that was pointed to me in posts above.

i just cant wait till they make one, especially the helmets (well, heads but wearable ones) :D

I was going to tackle one of them, but my plate is full. maybe I'll try just the head to see how silly it will look? maybe if someone could get some digital files for us foam masters to work from it would speed things along? hint, hint.

^ thanks foe the pics! I am absolutely loving the whiplash's helmet! it looks like from vanquish or some other game. i cant put my finger on it but i know it looks very similar to something i liked and thats what makes me love it :D

Hammer drone - marine, would be very cool, if you could (a) get the bulk and massive size correct on your body and (b) figure out how to fit your head inside the, uh... Head, which in the movie, was never meant to be worn by a person, nor does it fit a person. Did a pep file ever get made of a drone? I couldn't find one in all my searches other than an unfinished one on 405th.

Last edited:
I would imagine it would be quite an undertaking in cost of materials for a suit that risks not being readily recognized unless standing next to an Iron Man, Whiplash, or War Machine...not that its stopped anyone before. But if someone hadn't been giving their full attention to the movie, or 10 years pass by someone might mistake the costume for some kind of giant robot from an anime, or someone's clever original creation in their spare time.

...and (b) figure out how to fit your head inside the, uh... Head, which in the movie, was never meant to be worn by a person, nor does it fit a person....

I distinctly remember Mr. Hammer complaining about not being able to fit a head inside of Vanko's redesign of one of the prototypes. Also early on in the movie some 'stolen' footage shows a poor unnamed tester inside a prototype getting a nice bone crunch because of a malfunction.

I'd like to think that not everyone on here is concerned with how recognizable their costume is. I myself like a good challenge from time to time, and look for projects that are off the beaten path... And since I love armor, this seems like a great one. IMO.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back