A new hat for Adam Savage

Marc

Hi gang,

not sure if you remember the „motorcycle flip episode“ of Mythbusters, where Adam is sporting a hat of mine.

Here are two pictures of the episode:

bildschirmfoto20100918um1424png1eb9e.png

bildschirmfoto20100918um1413png1d122.png

It was a hat that Adam had purchased third hand (it first belonged to Tim in Germany and later he sold it to Ob1Al, who again sold it to Adam).

After seeing the episode here on German TV, I thought that no, no, no, that’s one of my first hats ever and no way a good example of today’s hats. So, thanks to a member here, I got a hold of Adam’s e-mail and offered him to trade the hat for a brand new one, if he’d sign the old screen used one and send it off to me. Adam agreed and a few weeks later I received the hat back incl. his signature.

Now I’ve finally come to finish the new hat for him and thought you’d like to see (Adam gave me his ok on showing it off). I’ve take some picture next to the screen used one, so you can see the difference (most is in the craftsmanship and the materials used of course):

DSCN1774.jpg

DSCN1779.jpg

DSCN1775.jpg

And here’s the inside of the one I got back:

DSCN1776.jpg

Adam, time to give me your address, so I can get this baby out.

Regards,

Marc

It's not too hard to recognize an AB, especially when the liner is shown like that. Both are great hats, and I'm proud to own an AB (albeit from Steve, not you Marc.)

(not pictured in my avatar, I really need to update that)

That's a fine looking hat indeed. To have it in such awesome condition, after exchanging so many hands, and after so many years is truly a testament to your quality!

Ha, cool stuff. It's a great hat, I was one of the careful owners. Never dragged it behind any trucks or anything.

Glad to hear it got some screen time on Adam's bonce!

Okay, since other people are adding...

Yeah, I've only really started to get to know the hat in the last two years, even I could spot that as an AB from a mile away. The pounce you guys finish those with makes them look like butter. Just a really gorgeous hat, guys, and someday the wife won't be looking and I'll nab one.

But what the heck is he doing with his satchel in that pic? Over the jacket?!!! That's KotCS...for shame!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back