1st Season Lost in Space Laser Rifle

The rifle is based on the Remco "Monkey Division" Okinawa toy rifle.

ktokriflerightsideoz6.jpg

This is commonly know as the "chariot rifle". It was made and used in the Pilot. Then was used in the first season as well as the other version.

There is a third rifle, the third season version.

There may be some seasonal overlap on when each was first used. I've never seen any kind of definitive list showing when each was first used.

Kdawg1,

Might I suggest if no dimensions become available, guessing on a piece of foam core. Cut it out and hold it up next to the B9. It may take a few attempts but you can get a fairly large sheet at Staples or similar office supply shop.

Still hoping you get the dimensions.

Ted.

I love them all and would love copies of them all also! But right now and no pun intended I'm shooting for the John Robinson model!

Ted, I'm thinking of giving a shot with that. I'm about the size of Guy Williams so I try and figure out that size that way if I can't find anything. A few members are helping me with this also but it can't hurt to get info from all over and determine norm from all that is gathered!

micdavis, do you think the 3 lights on the 1st season rifle in the links would be the same size as used the ones in the B9 belly lights?

Me too, but i wasn't 100% sure, they did use them for a lot of props though. If you take that pic krel linked to, the close up of the 3 lights you can measure your belly light and work out the size of the orange block from that. Then use orange block to get the whole length of rifle.

or you can print that pic out 1:1 so it matches your belly light exactly, then measure. I did it with a screen cap of the fifth element key, until it matched the key I got from Russrep, and used those measurements to sculpt a Modoshowan finger.

I now own a screen used mondo arm and the finger was spot on size wise.

I got roughly about 1/4 inch under 36 inches (910mm) overall length. The orange block with lights 5 5/16" (135mm) by 1 5/8" (42mm) high. buttstock roughly 5 1/4" high. I work in metric so I may be way off with conversion.

Those were rough measurements, but maybe something to compare with when you do your own at least

Does the main body with the nipple shaped cap on the end look like one of those 2" metal fence posts and caps to anyone else?

Damn it I never thought to use those lights to scale up from! I knew some one would figure something out! Thank you sir! OK here we go!:thumbsup

Hey that's just a very down and dirty measurement. make sure you recheck for yourself. I have to do one of these too soon, I have always loved this rifle

Oh no I understand, I've never built anything this way before so this will be interesting for me and a new learning experience.

Keith,
I told you I would send you some measurements when I dug the rifle out, not everyone works on your time frame.The main body is 2" O.D. aluminum tube that is 19 1/2 inches long. The barrel is 1" O.D. tube that is 15 1/2 inches long. This is the length of the aluminum only and does not include the endcap or front acrylic emitter. And yes, of the 2 rifles I examined they both used the dialight robot chest type lights.

Oh no I understand Nicksdad, I'm still fishing for info. Any help anyone can shed on this project is welcomed and needed sorry if it sounded like I didn't appreciate your help cuz I do. I have very little time I have no time frame. I work 2nd shift and many days they are 12 hr days. Anything you come up with is needed sorry if it sounds like I'm rushing you for the info that wasn't what I had in mind.

Thats great info Nicksdad, thanks from this end too. Sounds like we did ok with the measurements. kdawg did you notice one came up for sale in the JY? weird timing

Going to be a lot more fun to make your own anyway. It is what this place is about.

Nicksdad is there any chance of getting a copy of the tracings?

Yep that's one reason I'm going for this build I've been stuck in a town house for the last two years and it's killing me not having any work space, But we are moving to a house at the end of the month!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back