My first short film is done!

Westies14

Master Member
We were very lucky to find an amazing team of women to follow on this year's Susan G. Komen 3-Day, 60-mile walk to cure breast cancer in Boston, MA. The walk was in late July, and I've spent the last two months sorting through three days of footage from three cameras and two Flip cams that we gave to the walkers to turn it into a ten-minute piece for New Balance. This is my first documentary editorial work, and I also ran one camera and composed some of the music for the piece. Please check it out if you have a few minutes, and share it with your family and friends!

YouTube - whatmovesyou's Channel

Thanks everyone!

- Douglas

Last edited:
come on guys! I know it's not sci-fi, but it is an RPFer-created film! The more it's viewed and shared, the better it looks for me & my team as a case study to get more of this work... You know you wanna help out - and you just might enjoy it, too!

great job! i loved it! you did a fantastic job on the edit. was the interview footage shot on one of the new canon dslr cameras? love the depth of field control.

i've been wanting to get into doc work for a long time...

I agree. Very great short. And thank you for making it!

I wish someone would do this for testicular cancer as well!

Thanks very much, everyone! And thank you so much to those of you who have shared it.

Good eye, osborn! Aside from some shots from Flip cams that we gave the team to shoot while we weren't around, the doc was shot on two Canon 5Ds and one Canon 7D. The 5Ds had some pretty fantastic lens kits which produced some really beautiful shots...

Congratulations! Care to share specifics on how you acheived the film look? No matter what I do with video, it still always looks like video.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back