My Fifth Element Multipass build - TONS of Pics

Charles Kline

Sr Member
Thought it was about time that I start a thread on my Fifth Element Multipass Build.

I've taken photos along the way and I'll get those up when I get a chance.

But since I've just completed it, I'll start with the finished pass. :)

web.jpg

large.jpg

web.jpg

-Charles

Last edited:
Re: My Multipass (build)

Dude, this is Awesomely cool(yea, I just made up a word)!

If I were you I would make the yellow button a little more mustard color and this would be perfect.

Wow, that REALLY does look great. I am really diggin the inclusion of the grommet! And your acrylic rod looks great. Looking forward to seeing some step-by-step action!

dude...this is great!!i love it.the movie is not one of my faves..but the prop is really nice.i want one!

Yep, I used two sided tape to attach mine.

I recommend applying the tape before cutting the artwork and make sure you put the strips close together -butting the edges together, otherwise you might get a slight ridge line on the art from the gap when you push it down.

On to the work in progress photos!

So the first thing I noticed on the kit was that there is a bit more styrene on the top 'arm' then necessary.

web.jpg

web.jpg

easy fix thou, just flip the top and use the bottom width as a guide. (always nicer to have too much then not enough right?)

web.jpg

Extend the lines
web.jpg

using a straight edge cut with a sharp X-acto knife, make a bunch of light cuts instead of a few hard cuts. Be careful not to cut the rounded end part of the arm!
web.jpg

web.jpg

And Voilà!
web.jpg

web.jpg

More to come. :)

I've not forgotten this, I just need to take some photos of the rod.
Then I'll write up how to do the battery cover. :)

Last edited:

Mate that is excellent. Has to be the best Multipass build I have seen...can I send you mine to do?

Mate how generous is that! I was only kidding. But thanks!! I will see how I go, I have 2 to do. So I am bound to pick your brain a few times. I did one years ago, but it did not turn out anywhere close to as good as yours. So I have something to aim for now.

What did you use for the rod, and where did you get the brass grommet?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back