Building a life sized K-9 from Doctor Who

One day I will actually realize this build, seems like every time I start to focus on it I get turned in another direction and it again goes on the back burner...

I even purchased a micro sized x86 single board computer a few years back to use in the build, figured the computer could handle voice recognition, speech synthesis navigation and a basic AI system, all pretty easy commercial software packages to come by over the counter, only a front end to tie it all together would need to be written...

Can't wait to see this build I have been wanting to do it also but I just don't have the time or funds to start it just yet and here is some info that you may find useful unless you know it already but it may help some others as well.
There is a kit that is out on the web if you google A&A flatpack k9 a few links will pop up for it like this one Alex Kung's Dr Who Full Size K9 Web Page
I think a kit would be one of the faster ways of doing it but you could scratch build with these great plans made by lespacepile here is a link to his pdfs http://www.lespaceplie.com/drwho/k9.pdf
I also have the email of the guy who produces them if anyone would like it let me know. Also I contacted him a few months ago and they were still in production but things may have changed since then

Last edited:
Here is my completed drive system for K-9. I got most of the body together as well but not ready for these speeds LOL

You can see it on youtube here url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2LwopLfYtQ]YouTube - K-9 RC robotic drive system motor control test 3[/url] or on my site at www.R2-CM.com

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back