Presenting the new Liberator kit

dcarty

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Arrived in the mail today from titanfind.com. I'll post more pics later if anyone is interested, thanks wackychimp for hosting :)

titanfindLiberatorkit_07.jpg

Cheers,

Dave

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply gents. I have a new digital camera --a cheapy I got off eBay and it's proving to be just about useless. I'll see if I can borrow my parents camera and take some nice close-ups.

Phase pistol, to answer your question the main body measures 13.5" inches from stem to stern without the antennae so it's pretty big.

I would give this kit a qualified recommendation. The casting of the parts ranges from excellent to fair. I haven't found any bubbles to fill but there are some mold line issues to clean up two of the Neutron Blaster pods (which are excellent otherwise). The main body has some slight distortion in my example which I'll probably fix by replacing the back part of it with some pvc pipe.(edit-just got an email from titanfind.com and they're sending a replacement main body piece :) )
The main body and parts for the engine collar also suffer from some softness of detail that can be fixed with a little sanding--IMO it's the resin they used (which is also slightly grainy on some parts). The engine halves are smooth and crystal clear, if a little too light in color. I'll probably tint some dullcoat and spray them to darken them a little. Also there is no stand provided (not too big a deal to me).

titanfindLiberatorkit_09.jpg

All in all it's not the best garage kit I've ever purchased, but it's not the worst by a long shot and it's light years ahead of the old Comet kit. IMO not too much effort will be required to clean up the issues of this kit.

Masterpiece Models also released a Liberator kit recently which measures 12" (not sure if that's just the body or including antennae) and I opted for the larger one from www.titanfind.com Their customer service and communication was very good.

I'll post more pics as soon as I can get them.

Cheers,

Dave C

P.S. Just got confirmation that my copy of series 3 DVD is on its way from amazon.uk.

Here are some more pics of the titanfind Liberator kit:

titanfindLiberatorkit_10.jpg

titanfindLiberatorkit_11_1.jpg

You can see how the engine collar parts need just a little refining but at least you can light the engine on this kit:

titanfindLiberatorkit_12.jpg

Cheers,

Dave C

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back