Avenger ref pics

Nwerke

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Edit: they're on the group site now, new link: http://www.studioscale.com/MartynAvenger.html

Hi all,

Had a request for the Avenger pics I took back in 2002, and they're also going to end up on the MF builder's group site, but in the meantime they're here:

*URL snipped, see above*

Being new to the cam I had a lot of autofocus and flash problems so the results are a bit hit and miss. Sorry about that, but there are some angles you might not have seen before and a few worthwhile closeups here and there.

Samples:

01070086.JPG

01070144.JPG

12210194.JPG

01070204.JPG

01070085.JPG

01070189.JPG

Last edited:
My pleasure, Julien. Ha! I'd actually forgotten I posted them for you before. I think I posted them on SSM too, but never got the whole lot up - those were smaller versions, too. Great to finally have good upload bandwidth!

Thank you very much Martyn for posting these. Are you the same "Martyn" that sent me the pics of the small hanger?

On second thought.... just by posting these, I see more work that I have to do:cry

It's my pleasure, guys, glad you liked them. Scratchy, yes. Did I promise to send you other pics? I KNOW I owe someone these pics, can't recall who. Hopefully he'll find them. :(

And yeah, the detail is endless. Not all the panel lines are drawn on with pencil - there's scribing too! All I can say is that Julien is barking mad...but in a good way. :)

No, but the sheer amount of panelling is unbelievable. To really nail this model's paint scheme you probably need to mask off about 300 separate areas for the darker greys and creams.

I hear ya. I have the RC, I'm not looking forward to it. Masking is one of my least favourite things!

Those are some amazingly detailed photos. Thanks for sharing, I may never make this, but I can marvel at the intricate work!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back