Mortal Kombat SubZero Mask Build

AaronLee

Hey everyone, this is my first time making something from a clay sculpt and making a silicone mold.

sz1.JPG

Clay sculpt a few days before I thought it was "good enough"

sz2.jpg

Fresh pull! Notice how rough and terrible it is haha.

sz3.JPG

sz4.JPG

Where I am now, after a few passes with bondo and primer.

You might notice the mouth shapes are a bit off, I wasn't a big fan of the crescent shapes on the ref photos, so I fattened them up a bit to my liking. A few small pits to fill in with bondo, then I just need to attach the metal mesh and paint!

Unfortunately I learnt my lesson using one of those Styrofoam heads for such a form fitting sculpt. It's ROUGHLY the right size, but doesn't sit on my face as well as I'd like. It could also be a tad longer in height. Oh well, it will still make a nice display piece and it was definitely a learning experience.

Impressive build. I hope you can get a head cast or just get a head dummy from one of these casting stores out there for next time.

Thanks for the comments guys. Getting a head cast done is definitely pretty high on my list of things to do, I'll have to finish quite a bit of research on it first though.

It's cast in SmoothCast 300. I was thinking about cutting it in half horizontally and making another mold but I'm not sure how realistic that would be.

I'll probably leave it as is and finish it up, I never actually planned to do the full costume in the first place

Sorry to invade on this thread but i wanted to share my scorpion costume. Im wearing jeans but i will be wearing black pants when i go out halloween night.

Oh and i also dont have the shoulder pads on or the little spikes on the vest

Overall it looks awesome I made pep files a while back of the Sub-Zero and Scorpion masks, I also have the rest of the armor in files as well. But your mask does look good for a beginner and I can only think of one other person that has made mask castings from MK.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back