Black sidebars on a mpp?

DemonSeed

Sr Member
ohhh boy. I ordered a parks mpp about 3 years ago, and I just realized that it has black sidebars instead of chrome. I thought it was like larbels and you could just flip it over
what is the best way to fix this? are they chrome underneath the powdercoating/paint?
Im not contacting parks because its been 2 weeks since I sent a email about a graflex lever.

or should i just get it chromed? Im looking to do a complete ANH set so this just threw a monkey wrench into my machine. any help would be appreciated!

I started mine very carefully on a grinding wheel. i then worked my way up through very coarse to very super fine sand paper wrapped around a block of wood. Final step was a polish with the Dremel tool and some polishing compound.

Just take your time. You can take metal away, but you can't add it back!

You can also use Easy Off oven cleaner to strip the anodizing--that's what I did. Then touch up with some 0000 fine steel wool.

Dave

the sanding took no time. thanks for reminding me of the steel wool. I noticed something on this saber. It looks like there is no room on the shroud for a dring!!!!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back