The Maltese Falcon - props, collections, anything really.

Yep. I found a vintage pre-posted envelope online and made the ticket from scratch. The envelope will actually print out on a single 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper (with the stamp) and cut and folds correctly.

* Yipes! I see that there's a topic over in paper threads with a stamp and a screen cap of the envelope and ticket! (I've been out of touch around here for a while...) *

Last edited:
Auction Results

NEW YORK (ACNI) – At a Sept. 24 auction at Guernsey’s, Oscar-nominated actor Leonardo DiCaprio was among a group of buyers paying $305,000 for a falcon statuette used in the 1941 film-noir classic The Maltese Falcon. The price included a 22% buyer’s premium.
The person actually lodging the bid was billionaire Stewart Rahr, owner of pharmaceutical and generics wholesaler Kinray, the largest privately owned pharmaceutical distributor in the world. Reportedly, both Rahr and DiCaprio were in attendance at the 123-lot auction titled “Iconic Objects and Documents.”

The resin falcon, weighing 4 pounds 5.4 ounces and standing 11½ inches tall, was discovered in New Jersey in 1991 by Emmy-winning producer/director Ara Chekmayan. Recognizing the Warner Brothers "WB 90456" serial number scratched into the base, Chekmayan began to research the figure extensively. He found that among those familiar with the production of the film, the consensus was that the resin copy was, indeed, the falcon that appeared in several 8- by 10-inch publicity photos taken on the set of the film and held in the hands of the film’s star, Humphrey Bogart.

Wow, thanks for shareing, thats very impressive considering its the B bird.
If a group purchased this it may indicate that it will be used in a commercial venture and hopefully will be on display somewhere,
either that or Leo gets to have it every Wednesday......

Thanks, its a DVD capture Fresno, i think for the job your doing you should try and get a capture from a Blu Ray, this will allow a much bigger and clearer image to be reproduced.

One of my favorite noir movies ever!!! Too bad I missed out on the MK Falcon back then, but at least I've got one of this idols!

I made a Maltese Falcon for a customer in Denmark last year. Not sure if I posted it already or not, but here it is:

DSCN1537.jpg

DSCN1538.jpg

DSCN1540.jpg

DSCN1541.jpg

Pure beaver, roo hide sweatband and vintage ribbon that I had a few yards of yet.

Regards,

Marc

IIRC, "asavage" has a SA (not SU) Maltese Falcon, he posted a story a while back as to how he came to own it, but I don't remember the details...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back