Fine tuning 1/288 Revell Millennium Falcon EasyKit

sqbiedoo

Hi, I'm from Holland and just entering this great Forum. Wanting to share some building fun with you all so now entering my Falcon from Revell kit. My English is not all that well so be gentle on your comment.
thanks.

Last edited:
re: Fine tune Revell Millennium Falcon EasyKit

Welcome!

That Falcon looks nice. I built the same with my son, and its a fun little kit!
mfmini4.jpg

The Snowspeeder is also worth looking into among the pocket kits.

If only these little jewels would get released in the US. We have the first run of pocket snaps, but not the second one and they weren't announced as coming out when the latest run of Revell of Germany SW kits was mentioned as being imported by Revell USA sometime this fall/winter.

I want one of these little Falcons, but it looks like eBay will probably be my only source for one.

wow,so much compliments and i haven't shown anything yet, anyway thanks for your reply.
This project is to change and put on more details to the Falcon, although the details on this one is nice but i want her to look more like the one from Finemolds 1/72 that looks more like the studio model.

First i'm cutting those holes out of the mandible and other things that were incorrect:

Sharp and thinner.

Last edited:

New gunturret, a bit higher side wall then the original.

Extra landing gear, using "kit bashing"

Last edited:

I LIKE IT!!!!

I've always enjoyed taking a very small subject and doing something eye-popping to it to make it into something better. I love the start you have on this one and I am certainly taking notes! Your idea for doing the two gear bays is genious!

I LIKE IT!!!!

I've always enjoyed taking a very small subject and doing something eye-popping to it to make it into something better. I love the start you have on this one and I am certainly taking notes! Your idea for doing the two gear bays is genious!

Thanks, was brainstorming for a day or two :confused, scratch build was the only option then came this "oh so easy" way to tackle this problem.

Time to change those side walls: this is the out of the box left wall,

After some mod:

right side wall:

after:

Thats comming along nicely, giving me plenty of ideas. Picked one of these up today and i am impressed by the amount of detail they got into something so small !!

Thanks,
saw the Falcon you've painted, looks great, hope mine will come close to it.

Thats just a few oil washes, really. Im sure with your ambition and attention to details, your paint job will be great. :thumbsup

If the paintjob on this comes out half as well as the build has, it is going to be an awsome looking little model.

Hello there,

Are you planning on adding some lights as well. I.E. with fiber optic lighting?

Great eye for detail and excellent photography of your work in progress.

-Chaim

Thats just a few oil washes, really. Im sure with your ambition and attention to details, your paint job will be great. :thumbsup

That is to be seen:lol cause this is my first weather painted model ever so i have to wait and see but thanks.:thumbsup

If the paintjob on this comes out half as well as the build has, it is going to be an awsome looking little model.

To you all so manny thanks for the kind words, I have seen your 1/72 Falcon and it looks great:thumbsup
So if mine comes out half as well as yours than i'll be jumping for joy:lol

Hello there,

Are you planning on adding some lights as well. I.E. with fiber optic lighting?

Great eye for detail and excellent photography of your work in progress.

-Chaim
He hoe is tie?

Yes, i was planning to do that but no fiber optic, i think only some leds at the rear engine.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back