Babylon 5 - Completed!

T J

I want to thank everyone here for helping me find this Revell model. Hope I did it justice. Build up was fairly easy, didn't have such a hard time with the decals like I thought I would, didn't even rip one! Used the paint scheme as suggested by the instructions. It's not exactly like on the show but it will do. Sprayed a coat of dullcoat at the end. Threw in as much detail as I thought I could get away with.

I do wish the model was more comprehensive but over all it's nice. The main body does rotate, had no problem with that. Read a couple reviews where the person accidentally over glued it till it wouldn't rotate anymore, I was very careful not to do that. Some of the proportions feel... "off". Mainly the front section of the station, it feels like it should be a wee bit bigger.

So, keeping in mind I'm just an amateur what does everyone think ?! :$

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Well looking at this pic for comparison, I'd say the front end dimensions are fine.

35aqgl2.jpg

Good job on the paint detail, you are getting more adept, and are way better at the decals than I am, I hate em. Of course if you're like me you can pic out all the flaws immediately where others couldn't. Methinks you'll have to make a trip to IKEA soon for another display case.

Hey RPFers, how about giving the man some input? 40+ views and I'm the first to comment?

Yeah, I'm surprised as well that there are no other comments. I think it looks great, clean and crisp. Good Job:thumbsup

Looks good to me :)

I would have been terrified of all those large decals. Been a long time since I finished a model, and all that decaling would have made me very nervous. Paint job looks pretty clean.

On a more ... critique-al ... note, some areas might benefit from a light wash, to enhance the sculpted detail and panel lines, if any.

Thanks for sharing.

-Mike J.

I'm not a model-builder, but I think it looks GREAT!

B5 was one of my favorite shows, so it's automatically an awesome display, imo. The fact that you were so meticulous in its construction makes it that much better. :thumbsup :thumbsup

Looks great!

I had the same model. It was one of my favorites. My cat ate it. My cat also ate my metal Naboo Fighter models's plastic parts.

Still sad about that. I really need to get another B5 model one of these days.

That's pretty good work there. I agree about giving it a wash maybe, but it's a nice clean job. I've seen builds of that kit which look terrible. Yours doesn't. Good going.

Thanks guys! It was a satisfying build. And don't worry, I have 2 cats who don't have a taste for plastic and paint thank god! One thing that gets is the color of the decals. They are PURPLE! PURPLE!? The station looks blue on the show, wonder who's idea it was to go with purple?! Should have been a little beeper blue. I know in the pics they look more blue but up close I get a definite purple vibe.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back