Dan Aykroyd signing bottles of Crystal Head in Western Canada

Goonie

Sr Member
Just a heads-up to those of you in western Canada. Dan Aykroyd could be coming to a liquor store near you to sign bottles of his booze. Check the Crystal Head website for locations and times:
Crystal Head Vodka - Drink Recipes
(This is a link to the events page, not the recipes)

He's coming here so yay, I'll finally get to meet him and pester him about Ghostbusters 3. :lol

Aykroyd is the man. Went to 3 of his signing here in New Jersey, such a great guy and he draws a huge crowd! cool!

Signings for the vodka? Does he charge for that? In the 2 hour signings does he get through everyone or should I try to get there way early?

when we caught him in the states he didnt charge for anything. he signed up to 2 pieces of memorabilia per person, and as many bottles of the wine and vodka as you wanted. he stayed at our location until everyone was thru the line, but i dont know if he had a time limit set beforehand or not. we wore our ghostbusters gear and he called us up to the front of the line. super super nice guy.

and from what ive heard, this leg of his signing tour is the last one for a while because hes saying hes supposed to be working on GB3 soon.

I'll be trying to meet him tonight. I'm taking a Blues Brothers DVD for a friend, I'll grab a bottle of vodka for me, and I'm taking my Making Of Indiana Jones Trilogy book for him to sign. He had a cameo in Temple of Doom....so I'll get him to sign his picture in the book.

I'm hoping to be a little unique..hope he's interested.

When I meet him I'm tempted to say, "Doctor." ;)

Met MR. Aykroyd! I got there about 40 minutes early and was first in line! Chatted with other people in line to kill time, and we let the guy dressed like a Ghostbuster come to the front. :) He IS a member here...I neglected to ask his username.

It was such a blur..I was pretty excited. He came in the back door and announced something like, "Happy October everyone!!" because of our HORRIBLE cold weather. He checked out the Ghostbuster costume and told us how "Murray carried one that was about 1/3 the weight of the rest of theirs!" He got to signing and was more than willing to sign multiple items and pose for pics. When i t was my turn I didn't say much except thanked him a lot and told him the Blues Brothers DVD was for my friends that just got married. I was kind of hoping he would personalize but considering I was getting 3 things signed I didn't push it.

I opened my Making of Indy book to the page with his pics and said,, "I believe that is you." I THINK he said yes it is and signed but that was about it. I asked if I could get a pic with him and he told me to come around and sit with in the chair beside him. That was about it. I had nothing clever to say and didnt ask anything about the Vodka or Ghostbusters 3.

It was fun though and he really does seem like a nice guy.

when we caught him in the states he didnt charge for anything. he signed up to 2 pieces of memorabilia per person, and as many bottles of the wine and vodka as you wanted. he stayed at our location until everyone was thru the line, but i dont know if he had a time limit set beforehand or not. we wore our ghostbusters gear and he called us up to the front of the line. super super nice guy.

and from what ive heard, this leg of his signing tour is the last one for a while because hes saying hes supposed to be working on GB3 soon.

Excellent! Thanks for the details. I'm seeing Dan in about 30 mins. (y)thumbsup

Just got back from the signing. Great guy! He signed my bottle, and the bottle's box, plus my Ghostbusters DVD set, my Arrow DVD, and my SNL Twenty Years book! I'll post some pics later. What added to the event, the local Blues Brothers impersonators were there too, complete with car.:cool

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back