Endor rifle - any idea what this part is?

BTW, did anyone else notice that the "pouch" on the stock has three grooves on the front just like the piece in front of the M-16 receiver (the part with the ROTJ pistons on it)? Maybe they came from the same part?

That's not a real M16, the bolt locking lug bump is too big and in the wrong place. Therefore the wierdness of the delta ring area can be explained.
The real m16's used in filming had the old style M16 SP1 "flat" delta.

Are we sure that is a screen used gun and not one cobbled together just for the dictionary? They were known to do that.

M

That's not a real M16, the bolt locking lug bump is too big and in the wrong place. Therefore the wierdness of the delta ring area can be explained.
The real m16's used in filming had the old style M16 SP1 "flat" delta.

Are we sure that is a screen used gun and not one cobbled together just for the dictionary? They were known to do that.

M

FWIW - the one from the Dictionary is one of the variants out there. Its entirely possible that its production made, just a bastardized stunt version

I guess if we are getting technical, it's a civilian AR-15. There is only 2 positions on the selector switch- safe and fire(semi auto). Military M16's have safe, 3 round burst and full auto.....boy, that thing is a mutant.....taking inspiration from the M14, pump shotgun and sort of AK-47. Good grief, it is ugly, but I really like it!
ETA: maybe its an M16, I can't tell if there is a 3rd position to the selector.....scan is fuzzy....or maybe my eyes:wacko

Weather it's a civilian gun or not is besides the point. It's not a real gun. A real AR has the Bolt lug bump in a diferent location. There are other tells that show that the gun in the Vis-Dic is not a live firearm but a repleca.

M

Thanks for the insight!

Matt...have you ever seen a delta ring like the one on this -replica- M16/AR15???

Markus

I believe I've positively identified the replica, it appears to be a very early version of the MGC M16E1 XM16E1 Heavy Barrel Model which at the time was made of zinc, subsequent models were ABS.

The biggest tell is the position of the bolt lug bump (actually called the cam pin) and the rear take down pin which is way forward of where it should be.

So the delta ring is probably unique to that particular MGC.

Check out here... fifth gun down http://homepage3.nifty.com/nkoinuma/OtherWars.htm

M

I don't know if these parts have been identified before but I know what the 'power charge system' is and the ribbed part it attaches to.

Okay, I just noticed I also regonise the piece between the reciever and the butt stock too. The parts are all from the same gun. It's a UK made air rifle called an Air Arms Hi-power or also known as a Jackal.

The power charge system is the dummy magazine, the part above it is the back of the fore grip stock and part between the reciever and the butt stock is the front of the fore grip.

It also looks like they used the sling swivel from the butt stock too.
air_arms_m16_1.jpg

Holy crap! Nice catch! That's the origin for the scope shroud, stock pouch, and foregrip part. Someone needs to find one and start molding parts!

Nice find xenomorph!

Matt too. That MGC looks like one of the variations used. There's a second one yet to be ID'ed. I don't see a match on that site, but likely it's another MGC variation. It has the middle finger rest as seen on some of those replicas.

The muzzle on the lower rifle (AR7?) posted by slave1pilot above looks like the tip of the "assassin blaster" from ROTJ. It's not quite it, but close.

HOLY ****!

Finally a new discovery...ahhh, the sprit of the RPF is back :thumbsup

Thanks xenomorph!!!

Markus

Well this is exciting! I'm glad I decided to keep my Endor rifle parts now :)

Thanks for all the new info, guys.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back