Doctor Who Slightly Psychic Paper

Servo

Sr Member
I thought this would be a quick and easy prop to make to display along with my sonic screwdriver... but I've not been able to find the correct wallet/id holder/credential holder.

Here's a screen-cap of the wallet with the paper:

psycic_paper_wallet.jpg

(thanks to WackyChimp for the hosting.)

Looks like black leather with a plastic window for the paper.

Notice the little "pocket" inside the bottom? I've lightened the image a little so you can see it better.

After days and days of searching, all I've been able to find are ID holders with the plastic windows on both sides, not just one.

See this one for example:

credential_holder.jpg

(again, thanks to WackyChimp.)

Any help or leads would be appreciated.

<div class='quotetop'>(jedichef @ Jul 5 2006, 04:10 PM) [snapback]1274432[/snapback]</div>
it actually looks a lot like the ID holder you found but with the second plastic window removed
[/b]

What about if you take the wallet with two plastic windows but slice one of them across it's diagonal to give the desired look?

Cheers,

Wake

<div class='quotetop'>(Wake @ Jul 5 2006, 03:12 PM) [snapback]1274435[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(jedichef @ Jul 5 2006, 04:10 PM) [snapback]1274432[/snapback]
it actually looks a lot like the ID holder you found but with the second plastic window removed
[/b]

What about if you take the wallet with two plastic windows but slice one of them across it's diagonal to give the desired look?

Cheers,

Wake
[/b][/quote]

I agree here. Why spend months looking for something that may not even exist? Take the two pocket one, stick a piece of cardboard in the bottom pocket (for protection against the blade) and use an exacto knife to cut the diagonal.

You'll have a nice replica in a matter of minutes.

-Fred

I thought about that... but the more I look at the screen shot, the more I think that's a leather "pocket" on the lower half.

I'm probably obsessing over nothing here... :D

on that diagonal, the shadow really diffuses between the two surfaces, so perhaps it is just plastic and the trick of the light is making you think its leather as well....

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back