Iron Man store-bought costume helmet?

IronManiac

Sr Member
I was doing some searching on ebay and google and came across this costume helmet. Unlike the exagerated ones we've all seen at Walmart designed for kids, this one actually looks like a true representation of the movie helmet.

Here's the link on toys r us:

Iron Man 2 Iron Man Helmet - Adult Size - Buyseasons - Toys "R" Us

And here's a photo of the helmet in question:
pTRU1-8406168dt.jpg

At only $25, it seems like a great alternative to the time-consuming pep...but I'm not sure what material it's made of, how well it fits or any other details.
I checked a seasonal halloween costume shop, toys'r'us, and walmart tonight, but didnt find it anywhere; I was hoping to hold it in my hands before buying, rather than ordering online.

Has anybody actually gotten their hands on one yet? I wonder if it's re-paintable, it would probably look really great if you could lay new coats of red and gold with a good clearcoat on, then maybe figure out a way to rig up eye lights.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

i have not seen on that looks that nice from there ive just seen the kiddy looking bug eyes thing.

i would imagine its really cheap thin plastic with elastic bands that hold it around your chin but id for sure make a mold of it.

for free shipping id take the gamble and if it wasnt good store credit for legos :)

Thanks for the pics, Solo. Where'd you find yours?

I might just have to go ahead and order one. If anything, it would be a nice base to build a stronger layer on top of for repainting.

Anybody else?

I was going to get this one and cut off the faceplate since Im scared to cut out the faceplate of my real helmet. LOL good pics dude. Thanks for the pics!

Dude, I would suggest to reinforce the inside, maybe do some bondo work to get rid of the lines that connect the back and the front, and you have a pretty decent template! add some LED eyes, there you go! Iron man helmet for 30 bucks!!

I bought that suit as MK VI for a costume party, the mask is pretty decent for the $$ and less than hiring a smelly pre-worn job hehe. Though I ran some coat hanger wire around the bottom edge to hold the shape better. With that mod, it's quite decent.

i bought one of those. it is made of flimsy plastic. It looks great though.
Flimsy plastic??? Cast that sucker man. No sense in havin it break because it's not strong enough. Definitely accurate though.

Oh and has anyone ordered this Arc Reactor from the same site? I considered buying it so if anyone can vouch for how it really looks, that'd be great

Last edited:
I'm going to go to another seasonal costume store today. Hopefully i'll find the mask and that arc reactor to see how it really looks in person.

I'm going to go to another seasonal costume store today. Hopefully i'll find the mask and that arc reactor to see how it really looks in person.
Please do. If it looks good, I'll order it online and be done with it. There, my Arc Reactor. Totally cast in plastic and lighted. :lol

Oh don't we all just love cheating a costume every now and again?

No dice today. They had the adult size costume, but no helmet, no adult gloves, and no arc reactor.

I guess I'll have to try back at toys r us in a few weeks as they get there Halloween merch in. I bought a led taplight from walmart that's bright enough, but the three LEDs are right in the center and the light isn't well diffused across the surface.

i think that was the helmet a few weeks ago someone was complaining about some person throwing them up on ebay with lights and being mad they didnt come up with the idea first.

I was doing some searching on ebay and google and came across this costume helmet. Unlike the exagerated ones we've all seen at Walmart designed for kids, this one actually looks like a true representation of the movie helmet.

Here's the link on toys r us:

Iron Man 2 Iron Man Helmet - Adult Size - Buyseasons - Toys "R" Us

And here's a photo of the helmet in question:
pTRU1-8406168dt.jpg

At only $25, it seems like a great alternative to the time-consuming pep...but I'm not sure what material it's made of, how well it fits or any other details.
I checked a seasonal halloween costume shop, toys'r'us, and walmart tonight, but didnt find it anywhere; I was hoping to hold it in my hands before buying, rather than ordering online.

Has anybody actually gotten their hands on one yet? I wonder if it's re-paintable, it would probably look really great if you could lay new coats of red and gold with a good clearcoat on, then maybe figure out a way to rig up eye lights.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

You can go to the customer service desk at your local walgreens and ask them to order one for you through the internet. it will be delivered to the store and they will call you when it comes in. Also ther is no shipping charge.

You can go to the customer service desk at your local walgreens and ask them to order one for you through the internet. it will be delivered to the store and they will call you when it comes in. Also ther is no shipping charge.
SERIOUSLY!?:eek Whoo! I'll have to see if I can do that and order that Arc Reactor and save myself the shipping charge.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back