TMNT Shredder blade/claw

TENGU

I was wondering if there is anyone on the board who has made a shredder hand claw? I dont mean the forearm gauntlets I am talking about the actual claw. I have looked many times on the net but they always have wolverine claws with three blades, Shredders claw had two blades. There are a few pictures of the hand claw from the 2003 cartoon but I have never seen a replica of his weapon made, and I would be interested in getting one.

shpuld be no problem for anyone who knows to work with metal... But this is uninteresting for me, only if I would work on a full costume. Im not the biggest fan of unique costume parts...
But after all, Im always interested in parts from the turtles movies...

What intrigued me was in the 4kids cartoon when Oroku Saki had the claw on when he was out of the Shredder uniform. It does seem like a pretty simple project for somebody,but I have never seen any one express any interest in doing it.

My Shredder claw was very simple. I used a clipboard for the material. There are two sections, an upper U shaped piece above my knuckles and a lower, but longer U shaped piece in the palm of my hand. Heat from a blow dryer molds the clipboard into a U. Hot glue connects the upper outer blades to the lower inner blades. Add silver paint and you have Shredder's weapon that is safe for conventions.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/toyempire/6173838593/

Last edited:
I made one out of stainless, but it was a hand/forearm piece all together. I did the old 90s cartoon version, where the two hand claws are shorter. They were attached to the forearm guards/blades via a grey leather strap. Nifty little pieces, very dangerous in crowds :)

Do either of you guys have any pics? Wood version not coming along so well

Sure don't.. wish I did though, it looked cool. I want to another one to wear at a con someday, but who knows when that will be, I'll switch it over to aluminum as well for the con.

I think shredders whole costume is like that it seems so simple and basic and yet.....even the shoulder and shin guards he uses can be very complex. I would like to get a good view of the shredder blade from the movie..... i have never seen the actual prop.

Are you looking for something like this?
20120709_182730.jpg

20120710_025810.jpg

20120710_030023.jpg

i dont have much time to find its exact location, but it should be in my build thread below. if you cant find it still, pm me and i can email it to you

If you can tell me how long the blades are for the claws, I will scale it off and smash one up out of stainless steel and post results

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back