Is there such a thing as rubber resin?

rigormortis

I've seen a lot of replica blasters done in Hyperfirm rubber (probably NOT a good idea to do as a home project), but I noticed Dymerski uses a strange brown rubber resin for his Stargate System Lord gauntlets. It's like resin, but flexes like a hard rubber.

Why I'd like to know is that I'd like to offer a less expensive MOM Force Pike done in this material since my machinist is bored of doing the runs (after 2 runs) and the scrap aluminum price has gone so high that it's really not worth it anymore ($150 for a Pike, even if all metal is crazed, IMHO). I'd like to get the price down to a reasonable $50-75 range.

Any ideas on what would give a hard rubber feel yet pour into a mold like resin?

Kev

There is a whole spectrum of urethane resins that range from brittle hard to soft mold-like rubber. I think Smoothon caries what you need. You can even tint the stuff too.

Originally posted by drusselmeyer@Sep 4 2005, 03:54 PM
Request samples of their 1515 and other related resins.  You should be able to find what you want.
[snapback]1071266[/snapback]​

If you mold that force pike out of a flexible resin....you are gonna need a support rod in it to help it keep its shape

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back