Weeping Angel Wings

Roostie

Hi Guys, making a weeping Angel ( Dr Who ) costume for my 10 yr old.

Today I came across some rather flimsy plastic formed Angel wings whilst mooching about the shops.

Here they are..

adult_angel_wings.jpg

They are just thin plastic.

I want to pad them out but also make them more durable but not at the expense of too much weight.

I was thinking of using them as a mould and pouting in a thin layer of latex then adding some foam cut to a rough shape, then latex the other wing as the other side and bring the two together.

Would welcome any other suggestions though.

I just want to say that a 10 year old dressing up as a Weeping Angel is the most awesome thing I've seen in Who culture in a while. :)

I'd say that idea of expanda-foam is a good one, probably your best bet. Not sure how heavy fiberglass reinforcement would be in the inside, but it's probably a more expensive route for a child's costume.

Don't miss this thread, someone else did an *awesome* Angel: http://www.therpf.com/f24/doctor-who-blink-weeping-angel-costume-dialup-beware-49264/

I'd suggest expanding foam too, I just used used some for the same purpose. Just drill a small hole at the top and pour in a can or two. Its not pretty, but if you plug the hole no one will notice.

Its the same stuff you use for cracks around windows that you pick up at the hardware store.

Fabulous ideas. I'm looking for costume ideas for my 7 year old. She wants to be a Weeping Angel so bad this year for halloween. My son is being David Tennants Doctor, and my daughter the angel. So it should be fun, and seriously crafty.....lol. Any pointers anyone?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back