Men in Black "first contact" picture folder, anyone ever make one?

agliarept

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi

I think I remember years ago there were some replicas made of the pictures Agent K show's J of their first contact with aliens. does anyone remember these? they were the photos of K giving the aliens flowers and some other things.

were there ever copies made of this? or is it just wishful thinking?

I know i've been trying to get my hands on the prop folders that were on sale eons ago, but missed out and it would have been cool to have a set of those photos in there.

I was able to 'extract' and clean up five of the photos from the movie. They are 8" x 10".
kib1.jpg
kib2.jpg

kib4.jpg
kib5.jpg

kib3.jpg
kib6.jpg

Screen used:
kib7.jpg
kib8.jpg

kib9.jpg
kib10.jpg

Now, if I could only find one of these plastic folders. The black one would be easiest to replicate as I can't print on plastic!
folder1-1.jpg
folder2-1.jpg
folder3-1.jpg

folder4-1.jpg
folder5-1.jpg
folder6.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still trying to track down these damn folders. I know I have seen the plastic ones, I thought staples had them, but no luck on my end.

They used to have the clear plastic ones (at least a few years ago - I've handed reports in in those for school)

But the one in the movie just looks like your classic three holed paper jog (with the little bendable tabs) that I used back in grade school

I had a link for where the folders used in the movie were sourced. The company is now out of business and I think I deleted the link. I can't find it anymore.

I've created another three photos of the World Fair saucers and globe for the set. Although not screen seen, I just took some photos of the sites and manipulated them to match the rest by adding grain and messing about with exposure etc.

So I have to chime in here.

I am extremely skeptical of other people making paper props BUT Marcus makes truly amazing works of art. I own several of his works and he astounds me all the time with his talent. As I said in my PM, well done!

Cheers Brad!

Anyone found anything on the folders yet?

So I have to chime in here.

I am extremely skeptical of other people making paper props BUT Marcus makes truly amazing works of art. I own several of his works and he astounds me all the time with his talent. As I said in my PM, well done!

Oh man I love your work (still)!!!! Any time these are available let me know!!! I'll also see if I can find those folders around where I work...

IIRC, there was an auction several years back where MIB stuff was sold. There were photos of the front and back of the folders and you could make out the name of the company that made the original folders on the back.

I tracked down the company at the time, but they'd stopped making those particular folders and when I checked back about a year later, the company itself was out of business.

Great work... With a nice Visit Card and Id Cards, it will be a nice set... How about a planetary passport?!?

Well, is your site updated, Kurtyboy?

I think I should save some money and make a big order the next time... :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back