Tom Riddle's Photograph

Legion

Okay, I am seeking help on this one. I've been watching Half-Blood Prince for the 800th time on HBO and I've become so prop-sensitive that I'm seeing stuff everywhere that'd be cool to make or own. As I watch, I've become very intrigued with the picture that's near the window in young Tom Riddle's room at the orphanage. It is partially obscured if memory serves, and shows the cave where Dumbledore and Potter will go to in order to retrieve the Horcrux. I thought this would be an easy, and prominent, prop to replicate.

The trouble is, I only have this on Blue-Ray. Could someone post a hi-res pic? The local Costco can print with the white border, and I'd have to research how to age a photo, but it'd be a neat item to tuck in the back of a collection IMO.

Cheers,

Guy

Well, I found this image from a fairly low-res version on Youtube, but again if anyone could post a higher res item, I'd appreciate it. Anyone good at photoshop who thinks they can fill in what's missing?

YouTube-HarryPotterandHalfBloodPrinceDumbledoreFirstMeetsYoungTomRiddleFULLSCENEHIGHQUALITY_1283310979205.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, that's awesome! Thanks, guys! I can get the photo printed as a 3 X 5 with a white border, and I'll experiment with different prints, whether be normal, sepia or a green patina. I'm just learning how to age a document, so I'm starting from the ground up on learning how to age a photo.

Cheers,

Guy

I'm working on a full resolution version based on any files I've found. It's taking forever though since I basically have to retexture a HUGE chunk of the cliff-face.

It still needs about 5-10 more hours (2/3 of the left-hand side of the cliff still has to be retextured), but it should be beautiful...however after all the time, I'm not sure I just want to give it away. We'll see though.

-Nick

I'm working on a full resolution version based on any files I've found. It's taking forever though since I basically have to retexture a HUGE chunk of the cliff-face.

It still needs about 5-10 more hours (2/3 of the left-hand side of the cliff still has to be retextured), but it should be beautiful...however after all the time, I'm not sure I just want to give it away. We'll see though.

-Nick

Nick,

I certainly can't wait to see the finished work. I'm decent with photoshop, but what you're describing is way beyond my level, so I'm eager to see the photograph after you restore it.

Cheers,

Guy

Alright, I'm still not happy with it, but I'm done the basic reconstruction of the image, and got the resolution as high as I could.

Here it is for anyone who wants to print it out and use it for their collection. All I ask is that you don't sell it or use it for profit in any way. I made this image for free distribution and have put in countless hours (I stopped counting at 50 hours) making it, so respect my hard work, by respecting my wishes and keeping this image free for everyone!

Enjoy!

-Nick

Alright, I'm still not happy with it, but I'm done the basic reconstruction of the image, and got the resolution as high as I could.

Here it is for anyone who wants to print it out and use it for their collection. All I ask is that you don't sell it or use it for profit in any way. I made this image for free distribution and have put in countless hours (I stopped counting at 50 hours) making it, so respect my hard work, by respecting my wishes and keeping this image free for everyone!

Enjoy!

-Nick

Nick, you are the man! Thanks so much for doing this. This will be a great addition to my future Potter display. Awesome stuff, and thanks again.

Cheers,

Guy

Don't mention it. I might still do some more work to it to up the resolution of the water and cliff face, but what I posted is still highly printable. I've even included the properly proportioned white border.

Just a note: the image doesn't fit the proportions of a 3.5x5" photo so you will need to trim it down.

I hope you find it a nice home in your display.

-Nick

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back