Garden rake - t-track e11

joeranger

Sr Member
I am pretty happy with the t-track I cut out of a black plastic garden rake. Is this an established alternative for custom extruded t-track?
I can post pics if needed, but they seem spot on except for the fact that the height of the "rail" diminishes or tapers.

An $11 rake has about 25-30 "fingers"

I am pretty happy with the t-track I cut out of a black plastic garden rake. Is this an established alternative for custom extruded t-track?
I can post pics if needed, but they seem spot on except for the fact that the height of the "rail" diminishes or tapers.

An $11 rake has about 25-30 "fingers"

Good eye. I actually have one of those rakes (although its blue). I may have to chop it up now. :D

Home depot, black rake

6930949.jpeg

7031642.jpeg

Nice alternative. I made the ones for my Boba blaster from sculpey and a custome made die for my clay gun. Just for static display so no need for it to be troopable durability.

I also remember somebody posting that some driveway reflector stakes were right for these as well. I think that was posted on TDH. Never could find any after seeing it posted tho. I was sure that I had seen them before tho.

Thanks for sharing!!!!:thumbsup

Another great, cheap solution was found by a friend of mine as he finished work on his hardware MG34.

We found garage door insulation at Lowe's that looks and works great. All you have to do is cut the T-shaped ends off with a razor knife and it works great. it is a pliable rubber, so you need to stabilize it while attaching, but the result looks great.

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

It's funny, I used to try to explain to the hardware people what I was looking for without telling them what i was working on.
" It's none of your business what I need it for, DO YOU HAVE PLASTIC T-TRACK???"
Now bring pictures to explain and later bring a picture of the finished project in case I see the person again.
It looks good to me...

7429260.jpeg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back