The Warriors

CTF

Sr Member
"Warriors, come out to play-yay... Warriors, come out to play-yay!"

So, my brother and I are going to tempt fate and wear these on Hallowe'en, but Mondo Tees no longer offer the vest; what's the next best thing?

Probably the next best thing is to get some really good reference shots, go out and find some cheap leather or fake leather in the right shade, and try to make them yourselves. You can probably find the patch pretty easily.

I was considering this as a costume at one point, until my friend pointed out that bars in our city have a very strict policy on clothing that could be misconstrued as gang-related. And considering it actually is gang colors, it doesn't leave me with much wiggle room to argue, eh?

If you do from-scratch it, make sure you pay close attention to the patch. 90% of people get it wrong and it ends up ruining the look.

Good luck CTF!

EDIT:
Woah, i went to post a few reference pics, and imageshack made my comp throw up a trojan virus malware warning. yanked the plug to be sure.

Here's a reference of the best patch I can find:
warriorscolorspatch.jpg

A lot of people use one where the wings are flames for some reason, and i'm pretty sure that's not right.

I'd try to get the vest pics too, but that might have been the site that caused the malware warning...

Last edited:
Well, the only thing we've got to worry 'bout are real gangs. I don't think they'll be too happy that "members" of the upstart Warriors are on their turf. We're willing to risk it, though.

Mondo Tees still offer the Furies gear, so why did they stopped selling the vests? I heard that a well-known gang was pissed that the patch was so similar to theirs, but I figured that was just hyperbole.

Anyway, thanks for the great post!

Hi, just a heads up, further to the topic of real gangs taking offense. Several years ago, a friend and I made up patches for a gang we saw in a 1950's movie. We proudly attached these patches to our leather jackets and went about our daily routines, wearing our super sweet leathers. That is until...

I was approached by a member of a very well known motorcycle club. He asked me if I was actually a member of a gang. I told him "No, I saw this logo in an old movie and thought it would be cool to have on my jacket." He knew I wasn't for real. I'm much too soft to be a real 'biker.'

He then let me know that A) That's a real club logo and they'd kill me for wearing it if they knew and B) if he thought I was a real member of that gang, he'd kill me for being in his gang's territory and wearing my colours.

Just a fair warning, based on my experience.

We grew up with a lot of the "bad guys" so we know when to be careful.

Thanks for the heads up, though.

A few of my friends have learned of our plans, so it looks like a bunch of us will be doing it; I'll make sure to clear it with the gal whose party we're attending, though (I don't think it'll be a problem as I went there last year).

It's going to be a blast!

I found some vests through that forum, so thanks a bunch for the link!

There are six of us going, although I reckon a couple will drop out, but we'll still have the man-power to get back to Coney... the big see aye.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back