The costumes keep coming - AIRWOLF Season 1 flightsuit

CreedsGalBirdy

Hey guys-

Finally finished a season 1 Airwolf flightsuit for myself. I now have less than 7 days to make another for my boyfriend before we fly out to Dragon*Con. Sounds easy enough!

I took a few small liberties with this since you never really see a woman wearing the S1 suit, but there is an S2 suit. The ref pics I have of that one show flat pockets in place of all the cargo-style pockets. So I went with that for mine. Big poofy pockets on a chick's flightsuit would just add bulk, anyway, and no girl wants that. The only other thing I didn't do (yet) was zippers at the pants cuff. But that can be done later. I'm in a time crunch here, people! Don't worry, the BF's suit will be a bit more accurate. We're limited with the fabric...bought the end of a bolt that was on clearance, AKA "we ain't got any more" so I'm trying to save where I can.

Enough yappin'...here's some pics!

Full shot. Sorry it's not on the Dani-kin, but my torso is shorter than the dressform, so it doesn't fit her well.
DSC05875.jpg

We're going to replace the metal rad badge with a plastic one...just because.
DSC05878.jpg

I love the trim...it takes forever, but it looks so damn cool! We had the MED patches made specially. There are some on eBay but they're larger than ours. The inseam trim is TECHNICALLY suppose to be rounded on the ends, (with no seams) but that'd require using extra fabric...that I don't have.
DSC05879.jpg

We'll be using HI-Points for boots because that's what we have lyin' around. We've seen the replicas online and we're not completely sold on them. Don't my boots look like little baby HI-Points? Awww.....
DSC00094.jpg

And Hawke's POW bracelet for his brother, St. John.
DSC00086.jpg

If you see us at Dragon*Con, give a shout. There might even be some helmets ;)

-dani

Loving the attention to detail, obviously well researched!!
Really looks the part also- shame it's the end of the bolt or there would be a lot of guys here interested in a run...
Be sure to post pix of the pair of you when they're done..!

I'm Dani's other half, and I gotta say what a great job she's doing on our flightsuits. She's working on mine as I'm typing this, and she asked me to thank you for your comments, Martin-El. I'm kinda surprised that nobody else commented...granted, the costume's from an 'ancient' show...but I guess nowadays, 'if it ain't Iron Man it's crrrap!':rolleyes

Anyway, like Dani mentioned, if anybody sees us at DragonCon next weekend, definitely say hello! We'll also be costuming as NCIS, classic Lost in Space, and 2001: A Space Odyssey...among other stuff.

Art
'Jon8712'

On behalf of Dani (who's furiously finishing up my flightsuit), thnaks for the kudos!

Yes, we do have 2 fiberglass helmet kits, but it doesn't look like I'll have them finished in time for DragonCon this weekend. Hopefully, I'll have them ready when we meet Ernest Borgnine at a show in November.

Art
'Jon8712'

Wow!! Great work! I'm a huge fan of the show and think that everything about S1 is better including the flight suits (but espeicially the writing). The S2/3 flight suits just looked too "glossy" for my tastes. I can't go to DC, but I'm looking forward to seeing pics of you and your bf in costume.

u both were a husband/wife team as Airwolf pilots right?
pretty sure I got a pic of u, think I was Flash at the time I'll have to go back thru my pics
really cool flight suits

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back