Quick question :Tank Girl Tank

Contec

Master Member
Saw the movie for the first time and loves the Tank . Has there been a kit of it?
Or anyone made one from scratch?
Jet%20Drives%20Tank.JPG
Jet%20Leads%20Tank.JPG

Closest I can come is a heavily "hollywoodized" M5 Stuart light tank. Look at the tracks and running gear.

As for a kit I remember seeing one a few years ago on a Japanese site, something like hobbylink.

Stuart_m5a1_cfb_borden_4.JPG

A long time ago, I had stumbled on a website (actually I beleive is was a link from the Wikipedia article) that showed the Tank Girl tank, and it was indeed build on top of an M5 Stuart.

Thanks It sure looks like the treads are the same.
In the movie Tankgirl repaints and adds a little wacky stuff on a Water and Power tank (the enemies)
And its a totally diffrent tank Not even the treads are the same.
Jet%20on%20Tank%20Barrel.JPG

Thanks It sure looks like the treads are the same.
In the movie Tankgirl repaints and adds a little wacky stuff on a Water and Power tank (the enemies)
And its a totally diffrent tank Not even the treads are the same.
Jet%20on%20Tank%20Barrel.JPG

This tank looks to be a 50's - 60's Russian light tank, possibly a variant of an amphibious model.

The first tank definitely has the running gear of a Stuart light tank. The rest is anybody's guess.

-Fred

The tank in the second picture is a Russian BMP, or possibly a PTR-76. Kits of those should be easy to find.

The other tank, I have no idea. I do remember some time ago seeing a website for a company that provides tanks for Hollywood that had Tank Girl on their resume, but I can't for the life of me remember their name.

The tank in the second picture is a Russian BMP, or possibly a PTR-76. Kits of those should be easy to find.

The other tank, I have no idea. I do remember some time ago seeing a website for a company that provides tanks for Hollywood that had Tank Girl on their resume, but I can't for the life of me remember their name.

Yea, the last pic is of a BMP-1, but the first pic he posted is def. a russian tank. Looks to be heavily up-armored/kitbashed for the movie.

Found some more pictures of her tank and some info about the movie prop. I can see the Cadillac rear end but not the front fender that they speak of.
motg_16.jpg
motg_1.jpg
3f.jpg

57f.jpg

89f.jpg

tgmovieposter4.jpg

tank4.jpg

“Planes, trains, automobiles...
What-the-*****-ever! It's all about TANKS!”

Check out my ride...

It started out as a WWII tank, an M5A1 Stewart. It was a light tank originally manufactured in 1943 in Lansing, MI weighing in at 22,000 pounds. With twin Cadillac motors, it could reach a top speed of 37 mph. It was supposed to do 90 mph in the movie!

The only thing changed from the original tank was it's engines. The running gear is all original.

The tank was obtained from the Peruvian Government who had determined it was not an efficient model anymore. It held a crew of four men: a gunner, a captain, a machine gunner, and a pilot. Its seen a lot of action in the European theater.

Originally, the tank came with a 37mm anti-tank gun that was only about 5 feet long. Adapting an old flagpole, the effects crew overlaid the original barrel and came up with a simulation of a 105mm gun. Much better looking for our hardcore heroine.Dressing up the tank gave it an undeniably Tank Girl look. In the back they added a deck with a barbecue, umbrella, lawn furniture and an easy-chair. In addition to this leisure area, sights, machine guns and rocket launchers were added. Lesser weapons include bow & arrows, sling shots and water pistols.

The sides flip up revealing gavelling guns. Each contains 6 barrels that shoot one thousand rounds per minute.

All situations accounted for!

A Cadillac? Well, Kind of...

In true Tanky style, the crew grafted a Cadillac onto the front and back of the tank. The rear section of a '69 Cadillac (eldorado )was welded to the back of the tank. The Caddy's front fender was attached to the front of the tank.

They mounted a settling and propane ejectors for the jet engines which fired out large flames as the tank settled into high gear. And the propane comes in handy for that barbecue.

Rachael Talalay (the film's director) always felt the tank was more than a piece of cool hardware - it has a personality of its own. It has always been one of the stars of the comic and she wanted to keep it that way in the film. Its a cool tank and it does whatever she says - but its not cute. It has a mind of its own and the personality of an eight year old boy. The tank has every gadget you could imagine. It does a million things and its Tanky's home.

It would like nothing better than to be out blowing things up!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back