Code 3 Gunship and AT-ST

Mogwai2112

Hey all....

I just got my code 3 republic gunship and ATST which are both die cast. Even though they are not studio scale, code 3 has done a wonderful job with these pieces. The gunship is very detailed and is probably the best representation of this ship to date. The ATST is also very detatiled. Considering they are all diecast, they both are awesome. Anyone else collecting these? Please share your thoughts....

Chris

Originally posted by Mogwai2112@Jun 13 2005, 01:24 AM
Even though they are not studio scale, Please share your thoughts....

Chris
[snapback]1010566[/snapback]​

Well since this is a STUDIO SCALE Forum this post has no business being here...
there I shared my thoughts...

Read the thread at the top of the page which defines what this forum is for.

Well since this is a STUDIO SCALE Forum this post has no business being here...
there I shared my thoughts...

Read the thread at the top of the page which defines what this forum is for.
[snapback]1010598[/snapback]​
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if the mods think it is in the wrong place let them deal with it.

It is not a model kit, it is not a prop...I would put it here also.

Well... I think he is right it problaby belongs in te general or on the regular prop proum - however I'm not quite as harsh abou tit ;). Overall I think the 2 you mentioned are by far the best peices made by code 3. If I were going to get any of those peices those are the 2 I'd get. But for my money there are a lot of other projects out there that I'd rather put my cash towards. Code 3 lost me when they tried to pawn off that sorry excuse for a Falcon... Yeesh. I pre-ordered and anxiously awaited the pics of the finished proudct then canceled my order when I saw it....

The ATST and the gunship however do look pretty darn good to me. Of course the only way to say they are correct is to put them against pics of the original and look for descrepancies. On casual inspection I like them though ;)

Jedi Dade

Okay, if this is for studio scale only, then what is the scale, or measurements, of the studio scale gunship? I do recall seeing photos of the concept model on the web at one time. And I know that there are pictures of it in the AOTC art book.

Hobbit 7

That's a good question. If you have pics of it maybe you can figure out how big it is. I don't remember any seeing any models of it although I'm pretty sure one was made... If for no other reason so the CGI could model it consistently ;)

Jedi Dade

In the prequel trilogy the CG models were built first and many of the shaping processes were done with CNC from those models. They were then finnished off by hand afterwards. Most of the T3 stuff was done that way too.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back