Spring Loaded Prop Making ?

lwizardl

hey guys does anyone here have a good source for making spring loaded props ? I want to make a few small items that have a push button spring load effect to them and can not find anything online about how to do it.

James

well I'm looking to make a few small hollow type props that I could make into a spring loaded action. I just can not find anything online about how to make the push a button/spot and have it spring open.

well what i'm looking to do is make my own batman beyond batarangs, and when Terry uses them in the series they seem to retract and expand after he presses a section of the handle/base. and all i have is from small screengrabs.

from how they seem to work atleast to me would be press a section in the center and the wings pop out or pop back in. making a prop from a cartoon and the largest pictures you can find are 150x112 pixels

ok I just did this grab from a video i have and it is the best way i can really show you what I'm looking to do.

BatmanBeyond-Batarang.gif

how it look like I will have to do it is divide the sections of the batarang into numbered sections

Section #1 is the top of the wing/blades
Section #2 is the bottom of the wing/blade
Section #3 is the section between #1 & #2
Section #4 is the section between the base and the wings
Section #5 is the base that you hold

sections #1 & #2 both insert into section #3
Section #3 inserts into #4
Section #4 inserts into #5

Section #5 having the release/retract button in the bottom section

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back