Doctor Who - Matt Smith shirt christmas 2010?

Dave Ward

Sr Member
Anyone have any pics of this? Someone on the cosplay livejournal reckons it's a graphpaper type design but i haven't been able to find any images...

Yup looks like the doctor will have more than just the blue and red stripey shirts, now he will have checkerboard ones too. lovely.

New picture released of the shirt -

s640x480

So is this the same style shirt he was wearing in the SJ episodes? or will he have a pale blue one, and then this graphpaper one?

High Res Shot:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3529/12567304.jpg

Someone needs to ID this. It's been way too long haha.

I noticed that herringbone pattern straight off the bat. I mean this is a pretty complex looking shirt. It certainly looks like it'd be easier to re-create than the PS shirt though. The grid pattern has blue dotted lines (possibly even 2 different shades) horizontally and alternating brown and black dotted lines vertically. Judging by the earlier filming shots, it also has an angled cuff, 2 darts at the back, a big pleat on the back the same width as the buttonstand. I think that's it as far as features to ID it go.

I suppose it could also just be a shirt made from a fabric and not a found item at all. He did say he went for a fitting earlier on in the year.

He's also sporting a new bowtie and tweed jacket. I love the new bow tie, looks pretty hefty.

Here's a few close ones I found this morning:

Men's Dress Shirt White Herringbone Gray Stripe

Bagutta White & Blue Small Checks Buttondown Cotton Dress Shirt - FORZIERI

Last edited:
Actually I'd say this one is harder to copy than the PS. That one could be (and soon will be) accurately printed on Spoonflower. This new one would have to be rewoven to be properly duplicated.

It's good to know the Doctor changes his shirts - the other ones must be pretty rank by now after all those adventures!

Actually I'd say this one is harder to copy than the PS. That one could be (and soon will be) accurately printed on Spoonflower. This new one would have to be rewoven to be properly duplicated.

Good point. When I looked at it earlier I could have sworn it was just printed on there. After re-looking, I think you're right. I guess what I meant about re-creating was, as far as re-creating the pattern goes, it seems a lot easier to recreate this one than the PS waves.

Hopefully it's identified soon and hopefully it's like a $30 Macy's or Target shirt or something. Wishful thinking haha.

Even if the design is printed, you wouldn't be able to get it done by spoonflower because of the herringbone, it would have to be done as a run like some of the other Who fabric runs.

Even if the design is printed, you wouldn't be able to get it done by spoonflower because of the herringbone, it would have to be done as a run like some of the other Who fabric runs.

Yeah, I actually looked into Spoonflower fabrics yesterday after seeing the high res shot of the shirt, to see if it could be done. It's a shame Spoonflower doesn't print on fabrics that you send to them. It'd be cool to see a fabric run, down the line though, if it isn't a found shirt.

I still prefer the PS shirt over this one, can't help but love the waves design. I prefer the new jacket and bow tie though.

Last edited:
I love how they do a promo shot for the new season and the shirt is what you guys are talking about. Seriously. I love you guys. :)

I think I remember seeing something similar at Macy's, but my memory's probably just trying to make me feel special.

I love how they do a promo shot for the new season and the shirt is what you guys are talking about. Seriously. I love you guys. :)

I think I remember seeing something similar at Macy's, but my memory's probably just trying to make me feel special.

What else can we talk about, how scary his face looks that close to the lens? :lol

I was at Macy's today and saw the shirt I think you're referring to. It caught my eye right away. The background color is more of a pale cream than a white, and the grid is made up of I think blue and red solid lines and spaced a bit further apart, but it would make a pretty decent close enough.

I was at Macy's today and saw the shirt I think you're referring to. It caught my eye right away. The background color is more of a pale cream than a white, and the grid is made up of I think blue and red solid lines and spaced a bit further apart, but it would make a pretty decent close enough.

How much was it?

I had a quick poke around Macy's over the weekend and I saw one or two things that were sort of close-enough, but on the whole these shirts wern't as ubiquitious as I though they'd be.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back