My Own Millenium Falcon

JoblessPunk

Being strapped on cash, but still wanting a Falcon of my own, I decided to make my own... out of paper :)

Video:
YouTube - JoblessPunk DESIGNS™ - Star Wars Millenium Falcon Papercraft

img0383t.jpg

img0381ub.jpg

img0384j.jpg

img0386n.jpg

Here is the URL to the model:
http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~sf-papercraft/Gallery/Falcon/Falcon.html

That's it, I hope you like it.
It was fun to build, cheap and now I have my own falcon!

Nice work. i tried to get into papercraft and the like a few times before and it didnt work out so well. i never got the right type of paper. and the little fiddly bits to put the glue on... a nightmare. i bow to a superior paper craftsman.

I have done a lot of papercraft, but the result was never as accurate as plastic. The main advantage to paper is that you don't have to paint it.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments :)

How many million miles of exacto cuts was that?

It was 23 hours worth of work, I really don't want to think about how many miles of cutting that equals haha.

Nice work. i tried to get into papercraft and the like a few times before and it didnt work out so well. i never got the right type of paper. and the little fiddly bits to put the glue on... a nightmare. i bow to a superior paper craftsman.

When I started papercraft I ran into the same problems you were. But you find the paper and the glue you like and then its gets easier. I use the generic cardstock that is at Wal-Mart, Aleene's Tacky Glue, and for this project I blew up the model to 145%. The bigger the model/pieces are the easier it is to construct.

hey hey ..... that's not bad at all, well done
so where's the link and pdf's to your instructable?

I supplied it in the first post, but here is the URL again :)
SF PaperCraftGallery

Looks great. Have not done any papercrafting before. Is this any good for a 1st build project?

I wouldn't say it's that hard, but not very good for a first project. The model has quite a few pieces and you need some knowledge in some advanced techniques such as making parts rounded instead of folded.

Good projects to start out with are building little guys on CubeCraft:
Cubeecraft - Free Papercraft Toys

they are small little projects, but it will get you use to scoring, folding, gluing, where to start gluing a enclosed object, and how much time goes into making a paper model.

Once you got some techniques under your belt then give the falcon a shot. It's no day project, so take your time and don't worry if you mess up, you can just print the piece out again :)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back