Food-safe paints?

motman241

What is a food-safe paint? For use with anything that might come in contact with food, little kids, or to actually be put in the mouth. Ideas?

Think custom silverware, wedding cake toppers, fake teeth, something you might bite on or carry around in your mouth.

That's really too broad a category to answer since all of those things you listed can use different kinds of paints effectively. You really need to be very specific and don't beat around the bush with it.

I don't know if you will find many paints that are actually classified as food safe besides food colorings...

Most acrylics are considered and classified non-toxic though and for short periods of food contact are probably just fine, once cured...

For teeth Google up 'Dental Minute Stain' or 'Dental Jet Adjusters' again I don't know if it's actually classified as 'food safe' but it's pretty much the industry standard used by real dentist and SFX guys... Almost certainly safe enough for temporary use...

For teeth Google up 'Dental Minute Stain' or 'Dental Jet Adjusters' again I don't know if it's actually classified as 'food safe' but it's pretty much the industry standard used by real dentist and SFX guys... Almost certainly safe enough for temporary use...
Is this what the big FX guys use when making mouth appliances? If not, what DO they use? SOMEONE has to know, especially with this crowd. :)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back