Space Battleship ヤマト Yamato

You sure? There's a recession on here, you know. ;)

If the film doesn't make it to theaters I hope it makes it to region one blu-ray. I wanna see this so bad it hurts!

There's one here too you know :lol

But seriously, yes, I am quite certain that overall, the combined US & European economy, regardless of its current state, by far, in sheer numbers and interest, outweighs the interest the Brazilian market could potentially generate in film revenue & subsequent merchandising.

Nah.

I have a nagging feeling the film gang would rather have a permier in Rio & hit the beaches to ogle at the tangas, rather than freeze their butts off in our winter :lol

+1

Boy, oh, boy do I agree. If I had the cash to spare I'd go take in the premiere down there too considering all those perks you just listed. LOL!

hmm, Im still excited, but was a bit disturbed by the reviews on IMDB, I was warned about the spoilers but I read anyway lol.

Jet Beetle, thanks for sharing what you had. Do you have any close-ups or additional pictures of the Yamato/EDF crew uniforms along with Captain/Admiral stuff? Thanks in advance.

That Black Tiger Fighter is great...stays true to the design...however, the gamilon fighter leaves a bit to be desired....

any chance of the DVD with subs is out?

how about figures/toys????

I wonder which of our intrepid metalsmiths will be offering these:

moviecostume07.JPG

It's hitting Brazil & not the US & Europe ?????????

Still trying to figure that one out :wacko

To expand, the Brazilian market has always been great for Japanese pop. A lot of Japanese TV shows and Anime is broadcast on Brazilian TV. Brazilian Anime cons import Japanese acts to perform and tour Brazil, all of the time. To the US, Japanese Sci-fi, Anime, and Japanese pop has, noticeably, broken into the mainstream for the last 10 years, but Brazil, and most of the world, has been enjoying it for decades, and decades, now.

Problem with the US market is the language: "It's not English. It must be bad." Most foreign films, TV shows, and singers must learn or translate their works to spoken English to be marketable in the US. Other countries, like Spain, Brazil, Mexico, etc., tend to be less discriminative.

This is slooooowly changing, for the younger US generations are nuts about all cool things from Japan, SPECIALLY the language. They DEMAND their Japanese entertaintment to be in Japanese with English subtitles, not dubbed into English.

The good news is that the Japanese film market IS breaking into the US movie theaters. I'm not talking about the local Chinatown/Little Tokio movie theater, but corporate movie theaters, nation-wide. Just last month, I watched GANTZ at my local movie theater, and the Evangelion movies have also made their way into US theaters. Of course, it was dubbed into English. You could feel the crowd's disappointment in the air. Baby steps.

Given the fact of all the devestation that has hit Japan, anyone like the idea of SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO limited screening in the US with proceeds going toward charities in Japan?

Given the fact of all the devestation that has hit Japan, anyone like the idea of SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO limited screening in the US with proceeds going toward charities in Japan?

GENIUS!!! Who's office do we bombard with a letter writing campaign to make this happen?

Space Battleship Yamato premiered in Theatres in Japan Dec 1 2010.

Here is a LINK for 7 Minutes of the Film !!!!

io9. We come from the future.

AWESOME effects !!! NOW we need a US release date for Blue Ray.

You would think that they could have put a little more thought into the Prop Rifle for the movie - a G36 CQB with a modified carry handle. Someone in the art department and the prop department dropped the ball.

Gordon

And its kinda ironic. Tsunami devastates Japan, Asteroids devastate Earth

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back