Star Trek FC/DS9 Top

bmused55

This is a project I've been working on for a while. The total lead time was 8 months from deciding to do it to the first cut of material.

I used a black garbardine material for the body.
For the shoulders I found a "make do" material that I spotted on ebay listed as "Antique French Flannel". It pretty close in color and weave to the Cavalry Twill or Wolle Elastique used by Paramount for the actual costumes.
It's the nearest I could find on my budget.
To give the shoulders some presence, non pill fleece is layers underneath before the "ribs" are stitched in. The overall effect is a fairly close replication to the screen used costumes I think.
I should not that I am not looking for screen accuracy, just something with a bit more presence than you get from Rubies or Warp-One. So anyone who is into hyper screen accuracy, look away now.

I'm not blessed with the skills for a sewing machine so I took my research to a friend of mine who happens to be a Tailor/Seamstress. She has never done a trek costume before. So with that in mind, she actually hasn't done too bad a job!
It's 90% done. She completed the arms last night. Test fit tomorrow. If all is well, the collar with be finished and lining added.
I know the "ribs" are too narrow, but it too late to debate that now! It's good enough for me and that what counts.

Here is what we have so far. I will post more pictures as I go for another fitting tomorrow.

cossie1.png

cossie2.png

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back