Pennywise costume from Stephen King's It

Re: Pennywise Halloween costume

and blending the edges of the bald cap into my face using liquid latex..then i'll cover the whole thing in white make up and it should be a perfect match.. hope this helps.

I've never done this before, but might try it sometime. Do you just brush the latex over the spot where the bald cap meets your forehead?

I forgot to add - I tried a different kind of store-bought white makeup for the second party. It's still cheap, but more creamy than the others. I was applying it over my eyebrows and cheeks, and something in it made my eyes burn. When I removed it from my neck, I had red marks. So if you have sensitive skin, be careful about using the creamy white makeup from the Halloween stores. I was miserable until I got that stuff off my face and reapplied some of the other kind. I still think I was able to do a better job on the makeup the second time.

So, since I just found out that I'll be able to attend DragonCon, is there anything I could do to make the costume itself a little more con-worthy, other than finishing the vest and adding the stripes on the ruffle?

Like Smooth said, the DD teeth would be a plus (although they differ a little from the movie fangs)....

301252898_o.jpg

IT280529.jpg

Also, you might try some Ben Nye Clown White makeup, as it's supposed to be thicker and cover more completely; the transition from the bald cap to your forehead is the most noticeable issue....:cool

Ben Nye's Clown Makup

Rob

Someone earlier in this thread recommended Ben Nye. I've used it in the past, but didn't have a way to get it this time around. I'll probably go with the homemade bald cap next time as well. For a Halloween costume, I thought the rubber cap worked well, because I could take it off later in the evening. But for a convention, I'll try the tutorial that was linked here. Should take care of the transition nicely.
Some evening that I don't work, I want to hurry up and finish the pink-trimmed vest. The fabric won't be accurate, but I think I'll use on the fancy stitches on my machine to give it a bit of a pattern. Otherwise, how does the actual costume look?

Thought I'd have a go myself. This was just a practice run for New Years Eve so I didn't glue the baldy bit down and I need to tweak the eye make-up a bit. The wig was made from a full afro wig cut to shape and stitched to a cheap red baldy clown wig which I trimmed first. The costume was bought off E-Bay.

Well damn, if that ain't cool! :thumbsup

Do you have more photos, Jubba? :cool

Rob
The nose was made of an egg shaped polystyrene craft ball that I carved out with craft knife. I then painted it with red Snazaroo face paint then went over it with PVA glue to seal and shine it. I've also made slight alterations to the costume by elasticating the cuffs and cutting the seam on the inside leg for, well.......you know!! I'm having a few problems uploading photos so I'll try again laterView attachment 41603

Jubba...I'd like to see more pics of your suit, when you get the upload thing fixed...:cool :thumbsup
Rob

I think the whole thing was slightly let down by my rushing to get finished and not being able to stick the baldy bit down. I gave myself 1½ hours to get ready but this wasn't long enough as I was still doing the eyebrows when my lift arrived. Ah well, hope you like the pics.

I think the whole thing was slightly let down by my rushing to get finished and not being able to stick the baldy bit down. I gave myself 1½ hours to get ready but this wasn't long enough as I was still doing the eyebrows when my lift arrived. Ah well, hope you like the pics.

"Sticking baldy" or not, I think you did a darned fine job...you've pulled off Pennywise to a T! :thumbsup

The last photo is my favorite shot! :cool

Rob

That costume looks amazing. I like the colors on both pennywise costumes. I'm making one for someone else right now but this is all I have complete:
073.jpg

I looked at many photos and tried to find some videos of the show but even then couldn't really get a good enough grasp on colors. I ended up going off of one really nice photo i found for the colors. I made the arm pieces completely from scratch and modified the original patter to what I wanted and needed. It was a very painstaking process but I feel it turned out amazingly well. I havent been getting much feedback on this so I'm not sure if it looks terrible or people just don't know that much about it. I'm not making this costume for myself. I'm making it for a friend of mine who works in a haunted house. He's pretty psyched to get this and he'll be having someone else put on the professional makeup and all. Please feel free to leave me any sort of feedback.

Again just to repeat what I said before, I'm not making this for myself so this isn't going to fit me. The guy i'm making it for is like...6'1". He's a big boy.
Here are some close-ups of the sleeves and stuffs. I know i'm missing a ribbon and i'll be fixing that. It's not a hard fix...just an annoying one. I thought had all the ribbon on but go figure...gotta miss one somewhere lol.
048.jpg

061.jpg

Wow, WD...that's amazing! :eek

I can see by the quality stitching that you are quite an accomplished craftsperson...you should be very proud! :thumbsup

The colors have always been open for conjecture; since the TV movie was made so long ago, good, vibrant still production photos are hard to come by, so the DVD caps and few online references are all we have...I think your choices are perfect! :cool (I wished I knew who made off with the original PW costume!)

Don't be discouraged that not too many people make comments...the "Pennywise Costume Fan Club" is somewhat small, be we are very appreciative! If you have a photo page, I'd be interested in seeing more of your costume...

Rob

Wow, WD...that's amazing! :eek

I can see by the quality stitching that you are quite an accomplished craftsperson...you should be very proud! :thumbsup

The colors have always been open for conjecture; since the TV movie was made so long ago, good, vibrant still production photos are hard to come by, so the DVD caps and few online references are all we have...I think your choices are perfect! :cool (I wished I knew who made off with the original PW costume!)

Don't be discouraged that not too many people make comments...the "Pennywise Costume Fan Club" is somewhat small, be we are very appreciative! If you have a photo page, I'd be interested in seeing more of your costume...

Rob
Thank you very much :D It was really rough going off of any sort of photo to get that color but like you said i'm sure it has alot to do with when the show was made. I wish i knew who made off with the original..that'd give us all a better idea of what to do XD lol. Wingeddeath243 on deviantART is where i have all my stuff at and tyvm again for you comment ^^

WD...I checked out your DA page, and am most impressed with your work...not only the PW costume, but the other items as well! :thumbsup

I noticed your hubby is a Sparrow....is he a member of the KTTC forum? I'm over there, working on a Barbossa (among the myriad other projects I have)...if he is, I might know of him!

Keep To The Code :: Index

Rob

WD...I checked out your DA page, and am most impressed with your work...not only the PW costume, but the other items as well! :thumbsup

I noticed your hubby is a Sparrow....is he a member of the KTTC forum? I'm over there, working on a Barbossa (among the myriad other projects I have)...if he is, I might know of him!

Keep To The Code :: Index

Rob
Tyvm ^^ <3 The Jack Sparrow costume we bought for Renaissance fair purposes and we never joined that website. I do know of it just never joined. Unless someone posted a pic of my husband up there or referred to it. I'll have to check it out though

And Barbossa? That's pretty sweet. I'd like to see some pics if you have any. I'm kinda being naughty right now and using a computer someone left on XD otherwise i'd totally snoop around on that website more

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back