Hit-Girl Benchmade 42 balisongs

falcon dude

I was thinking of picking up a couple of Benchmade 42 balisongs like the ones Hit Girl gets from her dad ut I was examining the screenshots and there are a couple of differences between the ones used in the movie and the ones I see for sale on the internet.

The most obvious difference is that the holes in the handles appear to be filled in with some sort of black material (rubber?)

Then I noticed that the rear of the blade towards the tip is shaped differently and also the bottom rear (see arrows).
Anyone know if this is an off the shelf knife or maybe they switched some parts around?
Would also be nice to know what the box is.

box.jpg

benchmade42alt.jpg

benchmade422.jpg

balisong.jpg

hmmm... that's a weird looking Benchmade in the movie. I own a balisong, and even though it's not a benchmade, it doesn't have the holes filled in. I wonder why the prop in the movie is like that. Did the propmaster screw up and not have a benchmade handy? Did Chloe Moretz' parents object to her holding a real knife? lol, yea right. Either way i'd like to know what's up with the movie knife. Maybe they lost the real knife and had to go with a stunt knife as a last resort.

on a side note, it's hella fun flipping a balisong like hit-girl does. not so much when the blade inevitably bites you.

Wow, Im surprised theres not more info on these boards about this prop already. From what I hear people liked this movie a lot and everyone seems to have liked Hit-Girl especially. I figured her balisongs would be really popular.

I was surprised when watching the making of to see that she really knows how to flip those things!

The Model 43 has a bowie style blade but the clip is longer. That looks like they modified the 42's tip though.

It has the rounded spring lock like the newer 42's.

I just saw that movie tonight. Man, the fight scenes were great!

FB

I used to sell these things a lot back in the day. The handle does look like it is a Benchmade Balisong with the holes filled in. As for the blade the first thing I noticed about it when I saw the movie is that I've never seen Benchmade do that type of file work on the blade or on the spine of the blade. Also I don't remember them doing a mirror polished blade on them.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back