MasterLe IRON MAN sales issue thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goosebot 5000

I have been waiting on a reply from you and a solution to the broken War Machine helmet for what i consider to be too long. The only replies i have gotten to my messages are ones telling me that you are still waiting to hear back from UPS. The last message i received from you arrived on May 20th. due to this being unresolved for going on 4 months now, i am requesting a refund instead of a replacement helmet. i paid the price for the full finished helmet with lights and manual hinge before the price drop, which was $350.

why am i doing this on a thread instead of in PMs? several reasons. the main one being that masterle doesnt reply to PMs anymore apparently. i wanted to cover more ground. hopefully cardboard king or phantom prophet or whoever else that works with him will see this and relay the message. i also wanted a more public record of this so that everyone can see whats up with a prospective dealer that they might be working with if anyone was still considering purchasing from him.

to the mods: if this is in some form of violation of the rules and regulations, then please let me know. however, id like for the thread to remain up until the situation is resolved, even if it gets locked.

Re: Dear MasterLe,

Sorry to hear that happened to you. You may want to post this thread in the Replica Costumes section as well.

[...]
Unfortunately for you, it is stated in the Junkyard rules that anything lost, damaged, stolen, is the sole responsibility of those involved in the transaction: in this case, Master Le is the guilty party. I recommend you find a way to contact him through every and any means necessary since the Forum moderators cannot do much to help you at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Folks,

since we all know the history on the RPF in regards of Anthony and his work and the interaction with the community I have to note that this is not a thread to post "personal opinions" in that won´t help resolve this situation.

Posts that do not add anything factual and substantial to this thread, in the tone of "told ya so" or "just sayin´", or speculations about MasterLe´s motivations will be seen as trolling, flaming and baiting, and will be dealt with as such.

This thread will stay up until the situation has been resolved.

Regards,
Michael
RPF staff

Goosebot 5000, What I would suggest is you try to find other people who have made transactions with Master Lee, and try to get alternative contact information that they may have, say you have an E-mail Address, they may have a phone number, or a street address, etc. Anyway, I hope that you get this solved/worked out asap, best regards.

-NEO

Goose: If you still have the shipping box it came in you can get his mailing address off that for Anthoney and use a reverse lookup via yellowpages/411 to get his home phone # at which point contacting him directly shouldn't be a problem.

If your doing business with anyone its always important to get more than just where to send payment, especially on high ticket items. If the seller has good customer service,contact info should be given upon payment so that issues can be squashed instantly.

The reverse look up for the phone number on the address might work if the number is a listed number, everyones got cell phones these days.
Sorry you got broken stuff, sucks even more that its taken so long to resolve!
Wish you the best with this.

Sorry to hear about this, I know getting a claim with a shipping vendor, whether UPS/Fed Ex or whomever can be very time consuming. His work is solid, and I am optimistic that he will come through for you, and do the right thing.

I will be follow this thread with great interest, as I was about to place an order for a similiar helmet from him.

Last edited:

Sorry to hear about this, I know getting a claim with a shiiping vendor, whether UPS/Fed Ex or whomever can be very time consuming.
Ya this is true, it probably would have been faster to ship out a replacement helmet and deal with shipping claims later. Would have made for a happy customer!

You might try contacting Cardboard King , he is friends with le. He might be able to contact him

I would suggest you file with paypal because that way, your funds will be on hold and then you can escalate it to a claim.

I would suggest you file with paypal because that way, your funds will be on hold and then you can escalate it to a claim.

You have to file the claim within 45 days I believe. I think this situation has been going on for more than 45 days...4 months?

working with master le, and talking to him about this. it my understanding that UPS contacted you about the damages done to the helmet, and even were to send Representative to your location to verify the damaged content. As far as i knew it was a done deal.
knowing now that its not, I wish i could help more. And If it was up to me I would of just sent you a new one, but sadly its not my call.

On 5/21 I received a call from what identified themselves as the UPS store in what I'm guessing is your area. They asked me to verify that the package arrived and that it was damaged. They also told me that UPS would also be contacting me again within 1-3 business days to set up an appointment to send out a rep to inspect the package. After two weeks of not hearing from either side, I sent masterle a pm asking about details or info on the situation. Sent a pesky second message three days later. Another one a week after that, and finally posted the thread another full week after my last sent pm.

I may have screwed myself with paypal options. Masterle requested that I send the money as a gift to avoid fees. How does that affect transaction rules? And also yes, the payment for the helmet was made far beyond 45 days ago. The helmet arrived right at a month after I had sent payment. So it's well out of those bounds too.

Sigh.

working with master le, and talking to him about this. it my understanding that UPS contacted you about the damages done to the helmet, and even were to send Representative to your location to verify the damaged content. As far as i knew it was a done deal.
knowing now that its not, I wish i could help more. And If it was up to me I would of just sent you a new one, but sadly its not my call.

I'm not trying to start a flame war, but if you really want to make this right, you won't be saying "but sadly it's not my call"...

Did you pay for it with a credit card or through your bank? They can both reverse the charge. I also have to agree with VersionUp, if you want to make it right since you "work with him" you could step in and help clean up his mess.

Best of luck getting a new helmet or refund.

We were told by UPS that the situation was taken care of and contact with you was proceeding. I cant speak for master Le, but im on here everyday or at least every other day. And I wanna make this right for you being my sculpt he sold you, but I myself cant afford to refund this for you. but what i can do is pay for the resin, and spend the time to make you a new one and ship it off with extra padding so there is no damage.

master Le didn't respond cause he don't come here anymore as far as my knowledge, so thats why he didnt respond. but I'm responding in an effort to make sure you get what you payed for. thats the best i can do. all here are my witness to what i stated.

If you agree, come monday I'll purchase the two part resin and have the helmet sent out within a week's time.

Sorry for the late reply, i been away with many project, and to Goosebot 5000, reason i didn't reply was because i had phantomprophet "originally the sender" call up UPS and find out the delay, and was told everything was taken care of. That UPS was contacting you to follow up on the damage. So with out further delay and response from UPS i will send out a replacement for your damage War machine helmet. you can either email me or phantomprophet. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back